Faults

14 hours ago, romanv said:

Ah, just being angry... while waiting on my Kodiaq... still :angry:

The problem is that because I don't have my car yet (and others are overtaking me), I am heavily watching forums and any mentioned fault has a really bad influence on me. Too many complaints! I bet that when I will receive my car, I will feel like being in heaven :) And I hope all those faults won't happen on my bear.

Well, when I picked up my new Yeti in Sept 2010, there were lots of rumblings regarding rattles and sunroof leaks from unhappy owners.

I suffered NO such issues at all, and have been VERY pleased with it.

YOU won't have any issues either, I'm sure of that. 

8 minutes ago, romanv said:

I am getting my Kodiaq within next 7-9 days. And I am so nervous not knowing what I am really going to get. Jacro, your words mean a lot to me.

Don't worry.

I had one of the very first Octavia 3's produced, the chassis number had a lot of zeroes in it. It was one of the dealer demonstrators produced for the launch event. It was a pig of a car, and in the end Skoda bought me out of it in effect.

I had a later O3 and the build quality was far superior.

Hence why when I ordered the Kodiaq, I specified I didn't want delivery until June to let the first few months of production iron out the niggles. As it was, it didn't get built until after the BW22 MY change, so I benefited even more and got the upgraded sat nav.

I will never have a car again that is from the first 3 months of production.

Even I am getting confused now :)

Have faith, don't worry about faults that probably will not be there. It is also easy to convince yourself a fault is there when it isn't if you read too many forums :)

Put it all in to perspective - forums are always full of tales of woe, threads along the lines of 'my car is brilliant and doesn't have any faults' don't get created, people don't log on to tell everyone how good their car is!

• Like 1

Sorry if I've caused any concerns with people waiting for their new Kodiaq. Just want to make it clear that although I'm still waiting for a new front sensor and new seat upholstery I still think it an absolutely fantastic car. All my friends, family and work colleagues comment on it's size, good looks and luxury. It's the best driving and most comfortable car I've ever owned and you will not be disappointed. IMG_0136.thumb.JPG.1319395649db6aefcb0b6f355a23fdd8.JPG

• Like 2

Apparently, my replacement door cards under warranty (x4) have finally been accepted by the factory.

Almost two months after lodging complaint. What a nightmare that was, due to nobody having things on systems, part numbers, factory shutdown etc. so when they arrive we will see if build quality has improved.

Fingers crossed :blink:

• Like 1

Picked mine up on Friday, having taken a stock vehicle from Simpsons. Only fault I've found so far, which should have been picked up on PDI, is that the front airbag switch was set to OFF. Very pleased so far, even if I am only a passenger due to DVLA taking my licence on medical grounds. Tell you more next week when we come back from a trip to the nephew in Banff.

• Like 1

Have fun, i was born in Banff and went to school there, lived in Macduff.

The road from Aberdeen to Banff has never become any quicker over the decades & now Dundee to Aberdeen has Average Speed Cameras the whole route.

Sainsuburys or Asda to your left as you cross the bridge into Aberdeen on the A90 for much cheapness re-fueling.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Thanks! I'm doing the cross-country route A9 to just past Aviemore then through Grantown. Bit slower but prettier, I think. Nephew lives at Cornhill so we're just having a few days with his family.

If you want Scotlands best driving roads go Perth, Scone A93 Blairgowrie,  

A93 Glenshee Ski Centre, Braemar, turn off A93 before Balmoral to Cockbridge A939  Lecht Ski Centre, & into Tomintoul or down by Glenlivit to Ballindalloch & to Banff, or Duftown to Banff, or various ways.

The New Snow Road Route that is yet to become official but not like the Average Speed torture of the A9.

(See driving routes in General Car Chat Section.)

Edited by Awayoffski

We were Car D!cks when young, dances in Cullen, Macduff & Rothienorman and Fishermen racing Farm Boys from town to town.

There is a thread in the Driving route section  with videos.

Scenic Route to Aviemore.

Edited by Awayoffski

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:34, Mr Grump said:

Apparently, my replacement door cards under warranty (x4) have finally been accepted by the factory.

Almost two months after lodging complaint. What a nightmare that was, due to nobody having things on systems, part numbers, factory shutdown etc. so when they arrive we will see if build quality has improved.

Fingers crossed :blink:

Got the call today to say the door panels were in.
Went to have a look see, two OK, one borderline and one unacceptable, seems they still are haphazardly assembling the armrests :(
Lets hope the handle squeaking is sorted :|

Not a happy bunny.

Well, it's Friday, we've had the Kodiaq for 1 week and just back from a return trip to Banffshire. 800 miles now from new. No faults to report, very comfortable, and economical.

• Like 1

Im having a trouble with rear seat, fabric is pulling out from where the ISOFIX is according to the dealer its "characteristic of the model". Dealer tried to fix it and after one trip on the back seat fabric came out again. So far no response from the dealer :sadsmile: and I was so excited to get the car

Edited by Ziuta

12 minutes ago, Ziuta said:

Im having a trouble with rear seat, fabric is pulling out from where the ISOFIX is according to the dealer its "characteristic of the model". Dealer tried to fix it and after one trip on the back seat fabric came out again. So far no response from the dealer :sadsmile: and I was so excited to get the car

That's a shame. Post a picture here to show what it looks like and so others can check theirs. Obviously don't accept any fob off. It is a fault and needs to be remedied possibly by a new seat. 

Its after one short trip from the supermarket, there isn't enough fabric to keep it tucked in. Im feeling fobbed off I rung the dealer today again and the warranty person haven't returned my call. Seriously considering to cancel our finance agreement with the dealer as this clearly doesn't comply with Consumer Act 2015 

Just to add other seat doesn't do that

IMG_6950.JPG

IMG_6951.JPG

Edited by Ziuta
  • Sad 2