Leased Kodiaq - A dealers but 2 week wait for pre inspection?

Finally my Kodiaq has arrived at the dealers and I got email confirmation today to pay the deposit and sign the finance agreements.

I decided to call the dealer up as I required the car for the 1st July (next weekend) for a trip up north. I was hoping when I called the dealer would have told me to collect it this weekend however he said there was a pre-inspection required and therefore I wont be able to have it until the 1st week of July!

*The sales rep who I was dealing with since the start of the order was not in the office so I had to deal with this today via a colleague.

I explained I had been in touch with one of his colleagues previously with regards to having it by the 1st of July which no reservations were brought up at the time...

The dealer is going to see if he can get it done sooner but this is the first time I was told about the pre-inspection and apparently they are booked up for 2 weeks.

He also assumed the car was being delivered even though I had said I was going to collect it directly form them.

Lastly they upped the rental and deposit by £3-£4 and stated it was due to the increase in tax that I had to pay more.

I explained when I ordered (April 2017), I paid significantly more than the quote I had received for a higher spec in Jan due to the increase in Tax already.

So now he is going to try and iron that out as well.

Not a good start so far!

Hopefully the car will be faultless once I get my hands on it!

• Like 1

Contact and ask to talk with the Dealer Principal.

As to the price increase try telling them to spin on it and go  con some other mug. 

Customer Service no more, taking the pith seems to be order of the day.

Get VW Emission Scandal cars through the Fix to save legal actions on VW Group and stuff paying customers buying into the brand now..

In the contract it is written that in the case of tax increase they can unilatereally increase the price for the same ammount. Check if the April increase was due to tax or for the car price increase, because the Kodiaq price is going up a bit due to the starting low price and the demand, so they might want to squeze in that price increase and say it's tax, because they have no right to increase the price once you already signed the order.

When you colect the car, take your time and go through your own check:

- paint quality (don't forget the hiden parts like engine compartment and at the door hinges)

- rust (especialy check the chrome, any imperfections that don't rub off with your finger it's rust)

- seats between stiches/plastic trim inserts

- squeeky steering wheel and door handles

- go with your hand over plastic trims if they feel solid

- electronic stuff like windows and boot, open all doors and check that door protectors don't hinder them whilst closing gently

While you are driving:

- turn radio and A/C off and listen to rattles

- test the steering wheel for squeeks (turn it fully both sides)

- phone connectivity and incoming calls

- turn on AEB to max range and see if you get any warning when aproaching cars

- test cruise control and parking assistants

Don't hesitate with informing your dealer with any problems. If a problem arises, it will be fixed under warranty (most problems show up between 2-5 months of ownership).

Škoda is a reliable car and you made a good decision, it's unlikely you will have any problems. I wish you happy motoring.

Update - So dealer sorted out the increase in TAX however I noticed another discrepancy on the finance form. This time with the mileage.

The signed for that I completed for the order in April 2017 was for 10,000 miles and the form they want me to complete for the finance agreement is for 8,000 miles.

When I spoke to the dealer on Friday he advised he had issues with his system making the changes and it should all be sorted on Monday however when I spoke to him today he advised it was to do with some payment issue son the form (did not elaborate).

The advise on Friday was, as long as the form was completed by Monday (today) I would be able to collect the car by Thursday/Friday (I need the car for Saturday as I am travelling up north and notified the dealers in advance in case I needed to borrow a car).

I have tried to chase the dealer again this afternoon and he said he should be able to sort things out tonight.

Contacted them again 15mins back as they close at 6pm and apparently they are busy in a meeting.

Not impressed and more importantly worried now that I may not be able to arrange a alternative car with short notice...