Skoda Citigo PID - iPhone 6s Bluetooth nightmare

maximusreborn

Hi guys

We've been having a nightmare trying to get the PID unit to work with my wife's iPhone 6S and my 6S+. This seems to have affected others too. We're on our second PID unit but no better. Both our phones seem to pair ok and connect, but there are big issues in making and receiving calls and in hearing either the person calling or the person being called. Often it loses Bluetooth or the phone becomes unpaired.

Couple of questions: Is there a way to update the PID software and might this sort the problem - when I connected to my laptop only option is to update nav maps etc? Is there a solution that will solve the issues we are experiencing? We have already tried disconnecting and then reconnecting and fiddling with PID settings to no avail.

Cheers all

Guy:biggrin:

The Garmin Fresh app provides a function to update the PID's own software but there haven't been any firmware updates for a while now so it could well be that your PID is up to date in this respect. Worth checking, nonetheless.

I have never had Bluetooth issues with my phones but I have had issues with the PID failing to start up properly from cold and failure to charge the battery. Both were cured by performing a full factory reset using the Fresh app. You will lose all of your settings when you do a full reset so use Fresh to make a backup and restore after the reset. Even then there is the possibility that corrupted settings may be causing the weird behaviour so restoring them after a reset might just cause the problem to return.

Edited by ronime
  • Like 1

Thanks Ronime. I've tried the hard reset option and as you say there didn't appear to be a new firmware version so it looks to be an issue with the way the unit interacts with the iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6. I'm inclined to take the unit back to the dealership for the second time but I'm not convinced that'll solve the issue either. Any other pointers very much appreciated.

My PID worked badly with my old iPhone 6S and it really hates my current iPhone 7 Plus. It's a great shame really and I'm annoyed at myself a little for not ordering an MY17 car instead of simply taking mine out of the showroom but I had no idea it would be this bad! I've had all the features working on my partners Samsung Galaxy S7 and my Dad's iPhone SE so it's seemingly just my phone it doesn't like!!

We have the MY17 Colour edition and I have been using my Iphone 6S in the new holder. It all seems to work fine with the new App, but I just wish that there was a manual to consult the finer points how it works. In addition, I'm not at all impressed with the satnav function compared to my standalone Garmin which is by far more intuitive than the TomTom software on the iPhone. Sadly the Garmin is too deep to fit the holder which means it has to be stuck on the windscreen if I want to use the fuel computer on the iPhone App.  

Edited by SteveJP

Thanks all. I agree it just seems like an iPhone 6 and 7 issue and one that's not going to be solved by changing out the PID again. How likely are Škoda customer services to resolve this by other means?

• 6 months later...

Just got my 14 plate black edition. I’m having the same issues with my 6s plus. 

Starts breaking connection then drops out completely about 30 mins into journey. Can someone explain the reset option with”fresh app”..? 

Thanks 

Bammers