Foot Rest Slippy

ChipUK

Don't know if its me just getting used to the new car but with my 'sunday' shoes on the left foot rest is very slippy and my foot keeps slipping off!

Any tips out there?

Chip

Edited by ChipUK

16 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

Wear different shoes.............

I'll get my coat.:D

Taxi...............................................................................

:sleepy:

Evostick or other products are available to glue a piece of rubber to the foot rest.

Novel idea might be buy a Rubber stick on sole like many used to glue on the soles of shoes or shoe repairers did, and glue to the foot rest.

(Or glue to the soles of the Sunday shoes unless they are for dancing.)

Should be available at Skoda Dealership, 'Simply Clever'.

Soltrack DIY Stick On Soles With Glue Shoe Repair Supplies-Ladies & Mens _ eBay.mhtml

926.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Awayoffski

Thanks for all the replies guys. Think they just went over the whole car during pdi and put some silicon based spray on it. Seems to be wearing off and becoming more grippy

• Like 2

Guest FurryFriend

And watch out when filling your car up at these multi fuel supermarket pumps.  Spilt diesel is very slippery if you get it on the soles of your shoes. It transfers easily onto your pedals, so can be dangerous, and it makes your car stink. 

Filthy muck. 

Are posh branded filling stations different with clean ground where a better class of motorists do not over fill and spill and if they do a cleaning team swoop with sand and cleaning implements?

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Guest FurryFriend

No. Absolutely not. They're all the same. 

But there do seem to be an awful lot of careless drivers around who spill expensive diesel rather than putting it their vehicles, leaving it for others to clear up, slip on and get on their shoes. 

8 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Are posh branded filling stations different with clean ground where a better class of motorists do not over fill and spill and if they do a cleaning team swoop with sand and cleaning implements?

One does tend to find a better class of motorist at these establishments. If you are having problems seeking out proprietors able to meet the necessary standards you could ask one of the nice gentlemen with the tiger tail hanging from their mirrors where they frequent. (Perhaps I should apologies to the forum members under 40 who probably are wondering what I'm referring to - so sorry, you two).

Right, who else can I upset?? (It's been a bad day).

• Like 2

You get all kinds of Rifraf and even white van man at these Esso Stations now that they are at Tesco Express and elsewhere, buying pasties, red bull and other high energy foods, then being visited by tankers from Greenergy filling their staions tanks just like they do at Tesco and other discount retailers.

Edited by Awayoffski

9 hours ago, FurryFriend said:

And watch out when filling your car up at these multi fuel supermarket pumps.  Spilt diesel is very slippery if you get it on the soles of your shoes. It transfers easily onto your pedals, so can be dangerous, and it makes your car stink. 

Filthy muck. 

It does seem that people spill diesel but not petrol. When I filled up my Fabia Tdi the handle was always covered in diesel. Never seem to have the same problem with a petrol pump!

7 minutes ago, ChipUK said:

Come on Wardy - Please tell me this is an Altrincham thing?

My suggestion was tongue-in-cheek - but could be a solution for some, that they're happy with? Who knows!

45 minutes ago, Wardy said:

My suggestion was tongue-in-cheek - but could be a solution for some, that they're happy with? Who knows!

:biggrin:

2 hours ago, Paul52 said:

One does tend to find a better class of motorist at these establishments. If you are having problems seeking out proprietors able to meet the necessary standards you could ask one of the nice gentlemen with the tiger tail hanging from their mirrors where they frequent. (Perhaps I should apologies to the forum members under 40 who probably are wondering what I'm referring to - so sorry, you two).

Right, who else can I upset?? (It's been a bad day).

Absolutely old chap.

I have little trouble with the two fuel supplying establishments I regularly use on the outskirts of Warwick! :)

50 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

Absolutely old chap.

I have little trouble with the two fuel supplying establishments I regularly use on the outskirts of Warwick! :)

Of course you don't, since the chauffeur deals with the sordid matter of refueling. ;)

14 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

It's actually the opposite. No chance of overfilling with a fiver worth of fuel! 

3 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Of course you don't, since the chauffeur deals with the sordid matter of refueling. ;)

Nice one! But that's only the Rolls.

I have to take the Yeti myself!