fiting console bushes

hi all iam fitting the cupra console bushes to my fabia vrs i managed to do the drivers side but when i went to do the other side i went to take out the 18mm bolt it came out so far then got hard i think it is stripping the threads so tightend it back up think i need the alloy part that the bolt goes into but cant seem to find many i found 1 for £72 does that sound about the right price if anyone knows were i can get them from would be appreciated many thanks guys and girls

Hi Dave41

My 1.2 estate has died so many parts are available. Not sure if this part with be the same as the one in a VRS though, you are welcome to have a look. Location Leatherhead

2 hours ago, biggles10 said:

Hi Dave41

My 1.2 estate has died so many parts are available. Not sure if this part with be the same as the one in a VRS though, you are welcome to have a look. Location Leatherhead

I think the VRS uses a difference console on the passenger side than the other models just because the 6sp gearbox takes up more room

You can squirt penetrant jizz down the inside of the thread and work it back and forth, I had to do this on mine for the same reason, it still tore out a couple of threads but they were easily cleaned out of the bolt and it went back in much better with a little copaslip to help it torque down. The thread in the alloy is very long so if you lose a few turns it doesn't matter, as long as it torques back up properly.