Skoda Octavia - Major Design Flaw = Small Windscreen

Have OP not earlier said that he only is 178cm tall?

I am 203cm tall and will admit that I could use a bit more headroom, but then I should have bought a SUV or NOV like car instead of an normal estate. I have tried sitting in the Kodiaq at the dealer, but the headroom was about the same as the Octavia. 

On 07/07/2017 at 23:27, umbral said:

Nothing smart in buying a VW Group car, even Skoda just for the faith.

If you don't like the car design but still buy it, faith&brands can only empty your pockets; the mind/brain is already devoid of anything purposeful.

Deep, really deep. Please enlighten us some more and let us know what brand and model of car you drive?

6 hours ago, ToffeeMRD said:

Deep, really deep. Please enlighten us some more and let us know what brand and model of car you drive?

Spotted him Toffee............

images.jpeg

Notice the small windscreen 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 3

Windscreen is fine, never had a problem with not seeing enough of the sky in fact I can see a lot more of the sky than I have any need to and most importantly have never had to duck down to see a sign or a traffic signal.

Not only do I not have any desire to see any more of the sky, seeing more sky would be a negative. I would not want the windscreen to extend into the roof ,

I only see disadvantages in having a glass roof in any car, but each to their own, the option is there for folk that want it.

There are areas where the Octavia 3 could have been better, most disappointing are the ones where the Octavia 3 is a step backwards compared to the Octavia 2. 

The windscreen thing though is a non-issue.

On 06/07/2017 at 07:55, wyx087 said:

I had noticed the windscreen being lower than expected when first got in. But after I put the seat all the way to the bottom, it felt normal.

I think only this is good enough for OP:

1464969515-jl82609.jpg

Replacing a cracked windscreen in that looks tricky and expensive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

Replacing a cracked windscreen in that looks tricky and expensive!

Most likely the insurance premium will reflect that ;)

...my girlfriend has a Fiat 500 with a glass roof (which had just been replaced before she bought it...) and she managed to negotiate with the insurance company that they include it in the same policy as the windshield without extra costs.

I have to admit it looks quite nice and roomy in her car, specially in a summer day.

Edited by Jaco2k