Cleaning leather/ventilated seats

Anyone that has a Superb L & K with ventilated seats with 100's of small holes in will know that you can't use the usual cream leather cleaners, unless you want to spend days putting a pin in the hole to remove the polish... 1f642.png:)

I have just used some of these on the front seats https://www.tesco.com/groceri…/product/details/default.aspx… I have to say I am impressed, no smell, easy to use and they removed the small patch of dirt on the drivers seat bolster nearest the door...

The leave a fantastic satin shine to the leather but do leave it slightly slippery, not bad but you can tell when you get in and out of the car.. I expect down to the beeswax in the wipes... But the overall shine/sheen is really nice and brings out the colour, plus no residue..

I used one sheet for each from seat, so I would say the whole seats will take 5/6 wipes...

Stuart

• Like 1

First of all.

Leather should not be shiny. If it's shine it's dirty as ****.

Newer cars as ours have a protective film / material so conditioning the leather isn't necessary but cleaning it with a APC from time to time is but if you want to go the extra mile here's how you do it: 

1. Clean the leather with a APC ( All purpose cleaner ) that you can buy at any gas station / auto parts shop that sells detailing products.

2. Condition the leather with a leather conditioner, you could find a complete kit at your furniture store or car detailing shop, apply with a microfiber cloth and use another microfibr cloth to remove any remaining parts that hasn't dried.

• Like 1