Double Din options

Hey folks its been a while.....

I've purchased an Mk2 Fabia Vrs and looking to get rid of the standard stereo to a more OEM looking double din head unit, I've read other posts and Kenwood seem to be the best option but I'm just not willing to pay 1k for a stereo.

What's my options with android units as I read they're nothing but trouble and ideally I need something that's still able to interact with the steering wheel controls etc.

I'm only looking to spend a few hundred quid max but ideally looking for:

DAB

NAV

Rear camera connectivity/steering wheel controls

OEM look

Thanks in advance

Michael

I have the older version of this (android 5, 1GB Ram) http://www.eonon.com/productshow.aspx?pno=GA5177F

Works great, a little slow when running as a dashcam as well, but I just replaced the dashcam part with a blackview. 

Also really handy it running android, I added a 4G dongle into the car for it to connect to, it also gives me the last known location of my car etc. 

Thanks folks.

I think I'll opt for the Praktik style rather than android, My pal has an android system which in parts looks amazing but seems as if there's a lot of issues and me not having unlimited 3/4G I feel I'd not be getting the use from it.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

that1 don't seem to have the skoda logo apart from that not a lot from wot I can see on the pics         the 1 I got SKODA Fabia (2007 - Onwards)     the link you sent Fabia 2011-2013

Edited by cheepo

Neither unit appears to include DAB which you rightly identify as important.
You might want to check how much map updates will cost and how often they are released.
The advantage of an Android based system from my perspective would be that you could load VLC for Android and have weeks of .MP3s on a single DVD.

19 hours ago, cheepo said:

that1 don't seem to have the skoda logo apart from that not a lot from wot I can see on the pics         the 1 I got SKODA Fabia (2007 - Onwards)     the link you sent Fabia 2011-2013

Yeah mate mines is a 2011, So hoping this would be adequate as its a bit cheaper.

9 minutes ago, SeaGoat said:

Neither unit appears to include DAB which you rightly identify as important.
You might want to check how much map updates will cost and how often they are released.
The advantage of an Android based system from my perspective would be that you could load VLC for Android and have weeks of .MP3s on a single DVD.

I'm not sure if you personally have had any problems with running an android unit however my friends is a nightmare as apps constantly crash,fail to download and the glare of the screen is horrendous. Your right neither have DAB.....The hunt continues.