1.0 TSI 95 SE L Quartz Grey On Order!

I've been a lurker for a few weeks whilst deciding on my first car. I'm coming late to the driving game (in my mid-30s). 

Finally plumped for the car in the title. The reviews, deposit contribution, fuel card offer and dealer reductions made it a no brainer. 

Should be with me in a couple of weeks. So excited to be part of what seems a massively positive and supportive community. 

• Like 2

Briskoda is one of the best car forums. Really helpful people and a refreshing absence of 10 year-olds bragging about their 250bhp  1.4 diesel. Welcome. Great choice of car. Whilst I didn't, initially, like the Quartz Grey, it is growing on me. This from an old bloke with probably the rarest colour, (maybe for a reason I'll understand at change time), Topaz Brown.  :sweat:

Brilliant choice very good cars and nice owners. I've just ordered my sixth skoda a 1.0tsi 110se estate in quartz gray with silver roof rails sunset glass heated seats variable boot floor front fogs and a spare wheel. I am very happy to be back in the fold after making the terrible mistake of buying a Nissan - you won't be disappointed I assure you!

• 3 weeks later...

Car is being delivered on Wednesday. The dealer (Euro Skoda in Worthing) just sent me a personalised full car walk around video! The hype train has just left the station! 

:biggrin:

It has arrived. I'm utterly chuffed. It's lovely and smart, and so much more roomy than I expected. Just been out for a little run in my local area and it was very smooth. The gearbox and clutch were great and the engine definitely has some go in it.  Now to see how the mpg goes!

I personally think the grey makes it look like a 'grown up' car. I also reckon it brings out the sportier elements of the cars lines etc, without having the Monte or Colour trim. But, just my opinion, certainly not fact!

On another note, I was completely shocked to (eventually) find that the bonnet release is on the passenger side?! 

This seems to be common with most new Skodas.

My friends MKIII Octavia was a pain because of this. He wasn't allowed to drive for a few months due to a medical condition and when he got his licence back months later it had a flat battery and it wasn't possible to open the passenger door it without central locking - however the door obstructed the bonnet release to get access to the battery.

Breakdown had to trickle charge the car through the 12v power socket. My Superb II also has a bonnet release on the passenger side but it's not obstructed by the door.

Well, it's been fours days and I'm loving the car so far. The 1.0 TSI engine is absolutely ace. Already feels like the pedals and gearbox are settling in and driving is smoother (might just be me getting used to it though!). It's been great around town (good handling and less bumpy than I expected on the 16in wheels) and on local A roads (very assured and smooth ride). MPG is around 50 at the moment. Not too bad either. Whoop! 

On 8/23/2017 at 21:13, swooshty said:

I personally think the grey makes it look like a 'grown up' car. I also reckon it brings out the sportier elements of the cars lines etc, without having the Monte or Colour trim. But, just my opinion, certainly not fact!

On another note, I was completely shocked to (eventually) find that the bonnet release is on the passenger side?! 

I'm a very old geezer so I got one in Race Blue to make me look slightly younger :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, swooshty said:

The estate also looks great in Quartz Grey! 

and a nice big boot.....and panoramic roof 

WP_20170402_005 (1).jpg

WP_20170402_004 (1).jpg

On 23 August 2017 at 21:07, georgef said:

Very nice. It looks exactly the same as mine. Enjoy it. We Quartz Grey owners are a select minority.

Er.....we Topaz Brown owner is a select very few. Or is that actually owners? Not seen another one in two years of ownership. Seen a German registered Octavia Estate and a Bentley Mulsanne, and some VWs in a similar shade, but not another Fabia, although I think there is one on the Skoda used car site.