New wheels - Dealer won't swap

Folks

Superb Sportline coming this week with 19" Vega. Nice wheels but I really like these

https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/eshop/en/b2c/wheel/alloy-wheel-sirius---8j-x-19“-et-44-3v0071499-ha7x/0/1/10000/43/1001

So I asked the dealer would they swap them out but disappointed he didn't play ball at all. That crowd above wont sell them to me either. 

What do you think is the best approach? Buy them and try sell the vegas immediately or wait a bit to wear the tires on the Vega and sell the Vega tires and all?

If they are not an approved wheel for your car the dealer could be entering a whole world of **** if it resulted in you having a safety related issue down the line.

If the car is already built you are probably stuck with what you have unless they will swap a set off another stock car you like more. A Mazda dealer did that for our neighbour but when we asked the Nissan dealer about it when we looked at the Qashqai (did not want the lacquered diamond cut ones) the salesman said yes but the manager said no so we waleked away.

1 hour ago, skidpan said:

If they are not an approved wheel for your car the dealer could be entering a whole world of **** if it resulted in you having a safety related issue down the line.

If the car is already built you are probably stuck with what you have unless they will swap a set off another stock car you like more. A Mazda dealer did that for our neighbour but when we asked the Nissan dealer about it when we looked at the Qashqai (did not want the lacquered diamond cut ones) the salesman said yes but the manager said no so we waleked away.

But the fact they are listed on the Skoda site itself is a bit weird.

At this stage if the car is built they are looking at it in terms of being stuck with a set of Vegas. They will have to order the new wheels in and swap them but they are left with a set of used (albeit not literally) Vegas to find a purpose for. 

If it was brought up when ordering they may have priced it into a deal or at least know in advance so they can try and find a home for them. 

The wheels you are looking at were on sale in a lot of Skoda dealers last year for about €1k so shouldn't hurt too badly. The Vegas should be an easy enough sell privately too. 

Edited by EoinM
  • Like 1

My dealer put supernovas on for me. They would not buy back the factory fitted sportline wheels so I sold those on to another forum member. The dealer did move the tyres over and put the supernovas on the car.

Your best option is to get your dealer to do the same.

4 hours ago, EoinM said:

At this stage if the car is built they are looking at it in terms of being stuck with a set of Vegas. They will have to order the new wheels in and swap them but they are left with a set of used (albeit not literally) Vegas to find a purpose for. 

If it was brought up when ordering they may have priced it into a deal or at least know in advance so they can try and find a home for them. 

The wheels you are looking at were on sale in a lot of Skoda dealers last year for about €1k so shouldn't hurt too badly. The Vegas should be an easy enough sell privately too. 

Well Eoin, 

I asked for them before it was built, so its disappointing. Anyway will have to "live" with them.... :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hpoom said:

My dealer put supernovas on for me. They would not buy back the factory fitted sportline wheels so I sold those on to another forum member. The dealer did move the tyres over and put the supernovas on the car.

Your best option is to get your dealer to do the same.

I asked them to do that, was told "Those alloys can be ordered as an accessory alright. Just not ordered from factory on the car !"

I asked him if they'd do a swap, said they wouldn't. 

I ordered them as a dealer accessory. They got to the dealer a couple of days before the car. Then the dealer switched the wheels and tyres, and put the original wheels in the boxes from the new wheels and they were in the boot for the day I collected it.

If your dealer won't do the same they sound like they don't really value customer service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hpoom said:

I ordered them as a dealer accessory. They got to the dealer a couple of days before the car. Then the dealer switched the wheels and tyres, and put the original wheels in the boxes from the new wheels and they were in the boot for the day I collected it.

If your dealer won't do the same they sound like they don't really value customer service.

Asked them there again lad, lets see. I personally think they really make the car. 

Should be okay to shift the Vegas?

I got a paint correction and gtechniq applied.

Really pleased with the results. Also had the wheels changed as mentioned and had the back de-badged.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aidangill said:

Folks

Superb Sportline coming this week with 19" Vega. Nice wheels but I really like these

https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/eshop/en/b2c/wheel/alloy-wheel-sirius---8j-x-19“-et-44-3v0071499-ha7x/0/1/10000/43/1001

That crowd above wont sell them to me either. 

Why wouldn't they sell them to you? That seems a bit odd.

Edited by Jaytip

3 hours ago, aidangill said:

So ill have a set of new Vegas for sale soon :) If anyone knows any takers

This is what it will look like. :D

Wheels.jpg

Rims only or with tyres aiden? 

Give me a shout when they are available, I might have a home for them .thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SportlineBri said:

Rims only or with tyres aiden? 

Give me a shout when they are available, I might have a home for them .thanks.

Well sir. 

Rims only, they are going to swap over the tires onto the rims before I collect. I've only gone and pushed out collection of the car from Friday to sometime next week arrgh :( But anyway, I think its worth the wait. 

That mighty, I will have them in the boot on the way down from Dublin. 

My bad, Looks like I didn't ask the right way! So they can order the wheels, 1100 euro.

Is that the dealer in Castlebar? They seemed helpful enough when I asked about a car a few years back.

Thinking though, if it was easier for the buyer I could ask them to leave the tires on and put new on mine?

In my case I would prefer without tyres . I'll send you a pm anyway. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aidangill said:

So ill have a set of new Vegas for sale soon :) If anyone knows any takers

This is what it will look like. :D

Wheels.jpg

Looks just like mine, only mine is Green :) 

large.car-5.jpeg.a960fd408146151f0b2fc67

• Like 2

i so badly wanted to get 19" Supernovas with my order too, instead of the 19" Phoenix that comes standard.

but it would've meant i buy the Supernovas as an accessory, paying full price.

the dealer would swap the tyres onto the Supernova rims, and chuck the 4x Phoenix rims into the boot. 

hence i would've been left with 4 rims, that i'd have to sell off privately - so i said no deal :(

chances of finding them for sale locally here, at a reasonable price, is like seeing pigs fly.

so i continue to dream.....of pigs flying that is :D