7ft fence posts in a Yeti?

UncleRic

But is it worth the possible damage?

I bought some long boxed items from Ikea. Fitted in over the passenger seat with it laid back as far as possible and onto dashboard top.

Left permanent scuff marks on dash top from the cardboard rubbing.

Timber posts will rub interior at ends?

Lol. You'd love my older Yeti then. Farm work never helped the interior let alone the exterior.

But yes, 7ft fence posts fit.

Edited by freedie

Guest FurryFriend

I think Ken"s made the point. 

Yes, you CAN get all sorts of long, wide, and oddly shaped items into any car at a push, but like him, I'd not want to damage the interior of my Yeti or risk smashing my rear screen. 

Roof bars are the sensible alternative surely? 

That said I had a Series 3 Landrover Safari years ago. Everything went in that, the kids 5 bikes on top, 7 of us inside, and with an aluminium floor, it got hosed out regularly too. Try that with one of their hideously styled modern £50,000 Chelsea Tractor poser mobiles ;)

Edited by FurryFriend

I personally would feel safer with seven fence posts restrained inside the car - rather than lashed/tied/fixed to roof bars.

For me, one of the joys of my Yeti (and previously my Roomsters) is the ability to cart "stuff" from A to B.

Good to see the Yeti's available space being used Richard :thumbup:

Edited by Clive
  • Like 1