East of England August meet

tonyblue

Not been a meet on this region since forever so I thought I'd give it a go. I've picked a venue with reasonable parking that serves food, the date and time can be also amended to peoples taste. I am open to other suggestions on all aspects of the meet, it cant happen without you! 

Location - Orton Hall, Peterborough PE2 7DN. Rear car park.

Date - Sunday 6th August, 2pm. 

Please share your thoughts.

MEET.png.149530131d1dec27751a6624272256c2.png

Image result for ORTON HALL

This sounds Interesting.  It's a two and a half hour journey each way for me and may be other Briskodians might have a similar drive.

Could the time be brought forward as folk may have work on the Monday, say 2 o clock.  If My self and Mrs G turn up for 5 o clock and we stay until say 7 to 7.30 it's going to be 10 to 10.30 arrival back home which makes it quite late for work the following morning.......

Just a  thought.

Would be interested (assuming I can persuade SWMBO), but like @Auric Goldfinger it's a bit of a distance for me - 1:45 each way.  Date is good as I'm on leave so no work concerns, but would probably prefer earlier so I'm not back too late (think I'm getting old!).

I guess to some extent it depends on who might come as to where might be best/central for everyone.  Living in south Norfolk, Peterborough certainly feels more midlands than east!

Aside from this, would be great to meet some other Briskodians, so really appreciate this being proposed.

27 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

This sounds Interesting.  It's a two and a half hour journey each way for me and may be other Briskodians might have a similar drive.

Could the time be brought forward as folk may have work on the Monday, say 2 o clock.  If My self and Mrs G turn up for 5 o clock and we stay until say 7 to 7.30 it's going to be 10 to 10.30 arrival back home which makes it quite late for work the following morning.......

Just a  thought.

Possibly a mid-afternoon start (2pm) might be better?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Baileydog said:

This weekend peeps, if you are still interested. Please form an orderly queue below. Time amended to 2pm, same location

1. Baileydog (Tony)

2. Danman5k (Dan) - touch and go for me but will try to make it for sure!

**** BALLS I can't make it.... need new coil pack... replaced sparks yesterday but when. Booting it it judders and misfires so gotta drive like a granny till Monday morning will be back in garage for coils... then all shud be well... I'm livid as wanted to come but don't wanna risk driving it too much. Perhaps rain check due to only 4 peeps ?