Swing Radio in Citigo SE L Green Tech

Ronn

Hi,

my Wifes new Citigo SE L Green Tech has the 'Swing' Radio fitted.

Problem is, I can't find out how to use the Function Buttons across the bottom of the radio facia.

I get deferent graphics above each button but when I press the Button, nothing happens!

It doesn't take me to another menu, just nothing happens.

I've looked at the Owners Manual & that doesn't explain how to use either. They just call them Function Buttons.

• 1 year later...

Doubtless a totally stupid question, & a dead easy one for anyone more technical than me to answer, but I really REALLY would appreciate whatever help that anyone in the know can give me on this - but just HOW do I store station on my February 2018 SE-L Citigo with the new Swing radio?   I've tried all the usual permutations, but so far, I'm not having any success.   Obviously what I've done so many times on so many previous cars (including my 2015 Citigo) doesn't work on this one, but there's got to be some dead-easy explanation.

I know that I could pop in to the Stealer/Dealer who flogged me the car, but I simply don't want to see any of them, as I wouldn't trust a word that they said - even to the extent if they told me that today was Thursday I wouldn't believe them (which just shows how well founded my mistrust is, as it's actually Friday).   I've managed without being able to program my favourite stations in for some 7 months now, but I would like to know exactly what it is that I'm doing wrong/exactly what it is that I'm not doing right.

So thanks in anticipation, guys & gals.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:26, leckman said:

Tune into the station you want to store, choose a preset button say number 1,hold it down for several seconds until you hear a chime and thats it.Works every time on mine.

Thank you very much leckman, I'll give it a bash, although from memory (which is getting poorer by the day) I've already tried that.  Perhaps I just didn't hold down the preset button for long enough???

Well, leckman, perhaps I'm not as senile as I thought, as I've just tried your formulae, & it still don't not work.    I held the preset button down until my little pinkie started to ache, but no chime: no joy & no results.   What I did do, was to get the stations up with the rhs button: choose one, again with the rhs button, and then tried to get it into one of the "presets".   Perhaps I need to tune the radio in to whatever frequency the various stations are set on, & then try your trick.     Can't face dashing into the pouring rain again, so will try again later, but VMT for your assistance.

21 hours ago, leckman said:

It must be easy to do as I can do it!.Must be a fault on the unit itself as you have tried every possible way.

Never underestimate yourself, leckman, I personally don't as I have a wife to do that for me (& Jeez, is she good at that - self taught also).

I don't think that there's a fault with the radio, as there seems to be several programs already set on it (possibly by the Dealer/Stealer prior to me taking delivery) but they all seem to be ones that I would never listen to, at least not through choice.   

Pressing the rhs button comes up with a whole dose of stations, & I can select from those without any problem.   But if I tried (as I have often done) to transfer some of those programs to the preset buttons, they just don't seem to register, and any old thing comes up.    It would be "raither naice" if I could have them on presets, but as I'm only allowed to listen to the radio when I'm in the car on my own (the wife absolutely hates any form of competition to her advice/guidance/suggestions - aka nagging) on these rare occasions, I can put up with having to choose from the already built-in selection.   I just had this passing fancy to be able to store some progs on the presets.     But many thanks for your attempted suggestions & assistance anyway.

Hi guys,

I have the same radio and it’s not so difficult to save stations.

You can save up to 12 stations under FM1,2 and 3 (yellow circle)

- to access FM menu press arrow down button (red circle)

- to save station press and hold button 1 - 12(green circle) until you hear beep

Good luck B)

2880AB86-F9FB-4D08-BBDE-C7403A39EA08.png

0585F270-D3B7-4753-8922-B1D0D01F5FF2.png

F632DCD7-CFB1-47F6-A01E-ACD819F18E84.png

68CD7E73-8B58-4CB9-9B1B-656FFBA6AFAE.png

• Thanks 1

Well, thanks for that, OndrejMensik, but I'm sure that I can't carry all of that in my head - it's way too complicated (at least for me), so I'm going to have to make some notes (now there's a laugh) & then "try" to perform the necessary when I'm in the car.

When you know what you're doing, it's all very straightforward, but when (like me) you haven't a bugs' clue, then it all seems to be akin to "rocket science".

But as my old Granny used to say (before I swapped her toothpaste for a tube of superglue), if you can't manage to get what you want, simply pretend that you never really wanted it.  In other words, if you lower your expectations to what you can achieve, then you're never disappointed.

But VMT for the help, I'll get there (or perhaps not) one of these days.

Well, OndrejMensik, by either good luck or skill (obviously luck) I seem to have managed to do it, so very many thanks, I've fathomed it out somewhat.   All is much clearer now, so this is Radio Stalingrad signing off. 

• Haha 1