Possible change from Octavia to Fabia

SuperGoz - I could tell you were impressed before posting the vid - what a great little motor car.

One reason I loved my VRS was it looked a bit like a sheep, but was in reality a wolf. 

When these bad men at Skoda decided to ditch the VRS and effectively replace it with the Monte Carlo, I thought there's a sheep trying to look like a wolf.

Well - it would appear I was wrong, as I said earlier I am impressed. It would be churlish to say anything else.

Having said all that I just love my little old car - but more power to your elbow son.

Cheers

I moved from a re-mapped 3.0TDI A6 Quattro to my Fabia 1.2 (90) and after 7000Kms in 2 months still find the Fabia a fun car to drive. 

It it does not have the power of course but in town and on small country (gravel roads in Finland) I enjoy it more than I could ever imagine. 

Ignore the suggested gear gear indicator and rev the ba$&s of it and it is a fun and rewarding drive. 

• Like 1

I'm loving my 90 hp Monte Carlo after almost a week of ownership. However I do keep getting caught out in too high a gear, forgetting I haven't got the 1.4 tsi and 140hp anymore. I'm also happy with the more basic interior than the Octavia, even the manual rear windows. I find there's an old school charm to it. 

mmobile & Andy P,

Stop it you guys, I'm getting envious  - I have just had a chat with the other half this morning about trading in her Honda CRV (she likes it big!!) for the latest Fabia with the same colour scheme - white, black roof & black wheels. The new car would be hers, with me driving only occasionally (she thinks).  Basically she said 'Get lost and trade in the VRS' - totally unreasonable.

Are you guys intending doing anything spicy with your cars bits and pieces?

Drive safely

Personally I am not going to do anything to mine apart from maybe spraying the brake calipers.  The car is on PCP so I want/need to retain the value on it for when it comes to trade in time in 2 1/2 years time.

I'd love a remap but I'm too afraid of voiding my warranty or the map being erased due a service. As for the look of the car, colouring the brake calipers sounds good. Otherwise I'm happy with it as it it. On my previous Octavia I added black mirrors and grille surround. The dealer wasn't that impressed come trade in. He asked me to Change the mirrors back to original, I couldn't change the grille surround back. Glueing the 11 pieces of it back together just wouldn't look quite right :tongueout:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy P said:

On my previous Octavia I added black mirrors and grille surround. The dealer wasn't that impressed come trade in. He asked me to Change the mirrors back to original, I couldn't change the grille surround back. Glueing the 11 pieces of it back together just wouldn't look quite right :tongueout:

@Andy P I had my grille wrapped gloss black (so I can peel it off if need be come trade in time) see pic

easy to do mirrors too :thumbup: 

Maybe that's something you could think of, rather than spraying it?

IMG_0500.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just an opinion, but given that we have both a mk3 2016 vrs tsi and a 2016 mk3 fabia monte 1.2tsi I have had the opportunity to sample both. The VRS is mine, the monte is hers. I genuinely enjoy driving the little fabia, its never going to set the world alight bit it drives well. The steering is nice and direct, it happily knocks about at motorway speeds and the shopping run. Ive had much worse hatchbacks, the 2013 ibiza she had before that for example. Its a bit sparse inside for my taste but she is very happy with it. I wouldn't be swapping my Octavia for one personally as its a bit small and 'light' feeling for me but if it was a financial decision and I only had the 15k or so I would definately go for it. 

• Like 1