Error: Airbag + light

I have just been installing the hardware kit for my dashcam all was going well until I was trying to locate a fuse to use 

I didn't remove the airbag fuse however after using a few different fuse locations the car now displays a message Error: airbag message and the dash light comes on blinks off then back on straight away 

I have checked the fuse and replaced the airbag with a known good one and it is still present 

from what hat I have read that this error code / warning will stay in place until it is erased by a vcds system 

I have disconnected the battery for like 2 minutes that didn't resolve the issue I am wonder has anyone faced a similar issue ? If so how did you resolve it? 

Is is there anybody local to Leeds/Bradford that has VCDS that can help a guy out 

Ive taken it to a local garage who cleared the code and it has stayed off, it was complaining to say passenger airbag was at fault 

i did turn the airbag off up front the other day  as had car seat in front with me but this was returned to on shortly after so im not sure 

but its clear and hasnt come back since 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my Rapid Spaceback. See thread further down this page. 

I took it into my local dealer. They plugged it in and tried to reset it, but it just came straight back on again. In the end they decided that they needed to replace a block switch. I'm not sure what that even is. But, they did it and problem solved. I got the work done under warranty.

• 4 years later...

I replaced the heater Blower Resistor pack in my 13 plate Liftback Rapid - without knowingly interfering with any of the passenger airbag. The resistor pack works great but the airbag light comes 'ON' for a few seconds when the ignition comes 'ON', goes 'OFF' momentarily and then comes 'ON' again and stays 'ON'. Any suggestions on how to reset the airbag / fix the issue.?