Wow, well done!  When I clicked this topic I was fully expecting to see someone asking about an ACC retrofit, and lots of replies saying "it will be too hard, don't bother"!

4 hours ago, simhub said:

Wow, well done!  When I clicked this topic I was fully expecting to see someone asking about an ACC retrofit, and lots of replies saying "it will be too hard, don't bother"!

This was quite a painful project :)  A bit expensive too. Not much for parts , but for some parts of the coding. Have to ask for assistance from peoples who have an access to VW SWAP codes and etc.  My part with VCDS and ODIS was not as difficult :)

Never heard of ACC 160.  I thought it is only ACC Low ( 30-210) and ACC High (0 to Unknown). Cars with mechanical GB can not be operated by ACC at speed below 30km/h or 1000rpm as someone have to press clutch  or brake :)  

Edited by Shahoff

40 minutes ago, daveo138 said:

Great job. 

All I need to know is how you can change ACC into 'normal' cruise control. 

You can't change it - it is designed as ACC. If you wanted normal cruise control then you'd have to strip it all out and install a different version which kind of defies the point.

Having had ACC for over 18 months now I wouldn't switch back. Drove a colleagues car with normal cruise the other day and it's just awful in comparison - had to keep switching it on and off to maintain flow / change lanes etc. Whereas with the ACC i just let it run.

• Like 2

I was maybe to quick to comment, Just got the car a few days ago and I was sure it acted like a normal cruise when the stalk was pushed in, but now on my way home from work I found out it just turns off cruise , would of made a lot more sense if it would disable Acc but still work as a cruise.

Not that I mind, Acc works fine in my car 

The only difference is that ACC brakes if front car (or car on Right lane from you in RHD if you have this feature enabled)  do the same.  The rest of functionality is exactly the same 

On 10 August 2017 at 20:23, Kjartanbj said:

In my MY18 superb hatch I can have regular cruise or Acc , if I push the cruise stalk away from me it acts as a regular cruise , pull it towards me and it's Acc

You really got my hopes up for a minute :sadsmile:

• 1 year later...
On 02/08/2017 at 20:43, Shahoff said:

This was quite a painful project :)  A bit expensive too. Not much for parts , but for some parts of the coding. Have to ask for assistance from peoples who have an access to VW SWAP codes and etc.  My part with VCDS and ODIS was not as difficult :)

Hi. Great work. Congrats. Would you be able to send me some details about ACC retrofitting superb3 (costs, where to order, coding... Etc.) Thanks in advance