Tac Systems Moonlight

KarlvRS1991

Evening all. It's been a while since I have posted or even really been on here. 

So busy with work etc it's been hard to find the time. Been doing quite alot of product testing recently and venturing into the world of Ceramics. 

Recently came across this product. Offering 9 months durability, crystalizes like a ceramic would and applied like one also but very very easy to use. 

Starts at £30 for 250ML but as most products of this calibre you don't use alot. 

Still haven't got round to polishing the wagon due to work so today, an early rise to wash and decon etc the panels I'd chosen to correct & test. 

Tac Systems Reccomend use of this product indoors so I got the back end of the car in the garage.. rest won't fit Haha! it needs a cure time of 6 hours minimum with out getting wet or there is potential of water spotting..

I've recently seen folk using products like this on customers cars outside in direct Sun light and I wouldn't Reccomend it at all. 

Applied with a microfibre application in straight lines left to right, up & down.. residue removed & then a light wipe with another clean microfibre to catch any remaining residue. It's as easy as that. 

A very impressive bit of kit for the money really. There is others on the market id like to try. I'd also like to test the "proper ceramics such as Gtechniq CSL and Fenylab Ceramic light. 

Here's some photos for you all. I'll await the beading & keep you updated on durability. 

Thanks to in2detailing for the delivery.

20170804_111259.jpg

20170804_110803.jpg

• Like 2

I've got this product and have applied two coats to my yeti, I have no choice but to apply it outside but haven't suffered any problems and the water behaviour is great.

only downside I can find is that the trigger still gets sticky/jammed no matter how much you rinse it out after use.

• Like 1

Great product and a doddle to use - except for the trigger dispenser as Mark has noted.

I used the TAC Moonlight sample i had twice,,,, before the trigger gave up.

Overall - i dont think you will find an easier route into Ceramics....

but happy for others to make suggestions on that point for sure.

Water behaviour and gloss on a single application is superb.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2017 at 05:28, Pittsy said:

Nice review there for DW.... plenty detail and info.

Now that was Dec-2016..... any comments or update on durability??

It's a great product and a doddle to use - that's for sure.

The 250ml bottle lasts well and is very economical overall.

I would say from what I saw that 6 month durability is easily acheived (its sometimes hard for me to comment on durability for 2 reasons, 1) LSP's do not stay on my car for that long and 2) a measure of durability has so many variables that its impossible to give an accurate answer).

But I was still seeing the protection from Moonlight 6 months after application 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 19:26, Pittsy said:

I would say from what I saw that 6 month durability is easily acheived (its sometimes hard for me to comment on durability for 2 reasons, 1) LSP's do not stay on my car for that long and 2) a measure of durability has so many variables that its impossible to give an accurate answer).

But I was still seeing the protection from Moonlight 6 months after application 

Thanks for the reply and update on durability.

• Like 1

Nice one Karl! I remember Pittsy's review of this over on DW and thought I'd like a go! Thanks for your thoughts on this. 

Time doesn't allow for much polishing time at the moment so I, like you, am looking into the ceramic coating side of things. Feynlab is a new one on me but 30ml for £30 looks very reasonable!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hunty278 said:

Nice one Karl! I remember Pittsy's review of this over on DW and thought I'd like a go! Thanks for your thoughts on this. 

Time doesn't allow for much polishing time at the moment so I, like you, am looking into the ceramic coating side of things. Feynlab is a new one on me but 30ml for £30 looks very reasonable!

From what I can gather Fenylab is more for pro application rather than home application

6 minutes ago, Pittsy said:

From what I can gather Fenylab is more for pro application rather than home application

The lite version sounds great for home application though Pittsy, apply to half the car and then buff off and do the other half.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hunty278 said:

The lite version sounds great for home application though Pittsy, apply to half the car and then buff off and do the other half.

Yes the Lite version is getting good feedback.

Andy at CYR tried it out and posted very good feedback.

Or - the TAC systems at £30 for 250ml...... is very hard to ignore Neil!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bringing up an old thread,
How did this work out for anyone that used it?
Beading?
Durability?
Does it wear off or does it need to be machine polished off?
Does it work with top up coats?
Thanks

• 1 month later...

Worked out a great product on my last car. Approx 12 months lifespan with regular maintenance.

Beading was good, durability acceptable for the price point. 1 bottle is enough for 6+ cars medium size cars.

I ended up binning my last bottle as it was going off and i hadnt found the use for it.

As an alternative - my new car, i opted for KKD Si-Stal. Similar properties and actually easier to use.

Can be used on paint, alloys, plastic and glass!

Hope this helps.