Keys behave differently

We have just bought an ex-demo 2016 Octavia SE L from a dealer and have spent ages 'playing' with the set ups for the various systems. All is ok except for one strange thing.

I have set it so that the wing mirrors do not fold when car is locked and unlock only opens drivers door on first push. However using one of the keys we got from the dealer all works as required but using the other key the wing mirrors fold in and unlock opens all the doors! As far as I can tell other than that both keys work the same.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening and how to resolve it? Obviously it's not the end of the world but weird all the same.

AFAIK the keys are supposed to work that way, so that each key can be used by a different driver with the car remembering their preferred settings.

Have a read of the manual, the keys can store personalisation such as locking, electric seat position, climate control, radio etc ala BMW and Mercedes keys.

25 minutes ago, glosrich said:

Have a read of the manual, the keys can store personalisation such as locking, electric seat position, climate control, radio etc ala BMW and Mercedes keys.

The keys on my previous 2006 Audi did the same, ideal when the wife & I shared driving duties on continental holidays as the seats, mirrors, air con, etc. were always set as the driver preferred.

Can anyone confirm that the user changes when that users key is used. I have been playing around but it only changes user if you use the scroll wheel when the ignition is turned on. Thats not particularly clever, surely it will just recognise the key. 

Am I missing something?

6 minutes ago, kinega said:

Can anyone confirm that the user changes when that users key is used. I have been playing around but it only changes user if you use the scroll wheel when the ignition is turned on. Thats not particularly clever, surely it will just recognise the key. 

Am I missing something?

If you go to car, settings and personalisation you can assign the settings to a key. It should then change depending on the key used. 

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

If you go to car, settings and personalisation you can assign the settings to a key. It should then change depending on the key used. 

I've done this already but i still have to select user by scrolling.

Just had a thought, is the key detected when the door is unlocked or when the ignition is turned on? When I have been trying I have unlocked with my key & turned ignition on. Then turned off & tried my wifes key. Will give it a try tomorrow unlocking with her key & turning ignition on.

So, had another look at this. Unlocked car & turned on with my wifes key. Her key not recognised still says welcome to me. If I select her name with the scroll wheel the playlist changes  and the interior door strip lighting changes colour to indicate it is my wifes settings.

Tried disabling the personalisation settings & then reenabled but still not working.

It all looks fairly idiot proof so don't know what else to try.

Any ideas gratefully received, many thanks