Voice command

Hi everyone :)

We recently got the facelift mk3 octavia 1.4 "Style"/

love the car :biggrin:

but when I try to use the voice command button I get a strange message: "you can activate the voice control function by means of an activation key."

when I use the google car the button works.

If the car wasn't leased I would have gone to the dealership, but it is not an option, I have VCDS 12.12.

how can I fix it?

Thank you all :) 

20170707_212918.jpg

Just means voice control isn't standard on your car and a Skoda dealer would have to activate it, after you buy a licence key, sort of like Microsoft software licences etc.

5 hours ago, Barchechath said:

I have VCDS 12.12.

how can I fix it?

That's such an old version of VCDS (the current version is 17.8)  I suspect you don't have a genuine Ross-Tech lead but a copy?

I don't own anything it's of a friend of a friend that said I can use his...

I don't know the nature of his things.

I own a small elm for bluetooth OBD read.

Edited by Barchechath

I tried the voice command on a long solo trip when bored.  It only works half the time. I think I would have to learn bizarre Americanised pronunciations of my  favourite prog rock/pretentious /boring bands to access the whole gamut. The Who and Jethro Tull it understands but ask for Uriah Heep or Emerson, Lake and Palmer and a random selection appears.:sadsmile:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2017 at 20:53, gregoir said:

I tried the voice command on a long solo trip when bored.  It only works half the time. I think I would have to learn bizarre Americanised pronunciations of my  favourite prog rock/pretentious /boring bands to access the whole gamut. The Who and Jethro Tull it understands but ask for Uriah Heep or Emerson, Lake and Palmer and a random selection appears.:sadsmile:

So , is there a way to activate it via VCDS ? or only from dealer?