A kind of what's it worth

Going to be putting my Fabia up for sale soon and can't decide on its value, looking on eBay at similar they hold their value quite well. However mine isn't standard so not sure...

- Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo

- 2012 on a 12 plate

- 105bhp 1.6 TDI CR

- Not much past 50,000 miles

- Candy white, black roof etc

- wheels powder coated standard colour with 4 new tyres and 4 new centre caps.

some extras?

- Vrs disc rear axle (all red calipers)

- Auto headlights

- Bluetooth

- RNS510 columbus

- Maxidot dash

- Front & rear electric windows

- Digital climate control

- Full leather interior with matching red stitching with leather door cards and suede roof lining 

- 4 brand new shocks/springs with new 40 H&R springs, new top mounts, bearings and shorter drop links.

- Creation motorsport chrome 4th pedal

- Monte Carlo Rally mud flaps

- Bosch aero flat wipers 

- Genuine rubber boot floor

- Genuine boot storage nets

- VRS Intake pipe

- K&N air filter

- Ususl LEDs around the car 

- Full size spare + tool kit

- EGR Delete

Will have the usual full service with every filter & 12 Month MOT also.

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

Edited by hutchysrs50
  • Like 1

I'd suggest that you will need to find "the right" buyer for this. There are undoubtedly buyers that will be interested in the works performed.

For me the car would be worth  book price, less the cost of putting the proper rear axle back in it and the EGR valve, since that may become a future MOT failure.

any prospective buyer would presumably have to weigh up just getting a VRS if they are interested in those parts of it.

• Confused 1

Lovely work as you always do..

Obviously it has a proper rear axle off a proper car and brakes that stop it and is totally legal and mot will be no issues what so ever in the UK with a EGR Delete, 

not as if its a DPF delete.

Defeat Defeat devices as OEM from the Factory has not been an issue for UK MOTS and does not look like being into the future.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Rear axle was fitted to factory specs with all genuine parts, I'll happily put drums back on and keep the Vrs axle if it's an issue :D

EGR valve is included and can also be refitted if required.

I'll advertise it for £4,750 when the times right :)

this is the benchmark for my car!, although now your selling it its making me think i shouldn't invest in mine, Im paying a total of £6500 for mine on finance, 80k 11 reg, (because i'm an idiot), surly you can get a bit more than that, its basically how the car should of came from the factory.

Edited by Mattyboy91

FWIW I suspect there will be a significant strengthening of diesel MOT tests.

pre 2009 cars are now being targeted for scrapage, those are not old vehicles really, and have a bunch of emissions control usually, in some cases including DPF.

Edited by pearce_jj

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2017 at 18:52, pearce_jj said:

FWIW I suspect there will be a significant strengthening of diesel MOT tests.

pre 2009 cars are now being targeted for scrapage, those are not old vehicles really, and have a bunch of emissions control usually, in some cases including DPF.

Apparently DPF will be tested in the MOT from April next year (currently a simple visual check).

http://alderleyautos.co.uk/mot-northampton/mot-to-change-in-2018/

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41761864 

Plans afoot! Their are plans for changes from...

'Apparently the UK MOT Manual with the requirements on DPF's as fitted will be changed from May 2018',  as to the new equipment in MOT Test Stations that would need to be getting purchased now and installed etc.

Is that happening with 6 months to go til May 2018?

Edited by Headinawayoffski

I was lucky, the CTHE I had never needed a single drop of oil.

CO2 isn't the issue; for me cycling in London every day I can choose not to smoke, but I cannot choose not to breath the diesel fumes. The odd thing is that the newest cars and vans are the worst, that awful dry choking quality to air that just lingers even when it's windy. And of course, it turns out this is massively poisonous as well as unpleasant.

So, good riddance to them as far as I'm concerned. VW group has seemingly gotten away with their myth around diesel being in any way 'clean' notwithstanding the engineering of test results. The whole issue has certainly resulted in VAG vehicles not being on my shopping list this time around as I find the company to be disingenuous around their brand promise, and also of course the test results and many examples of poor quality engineering.

• Like 1

Not noticed the issue from the exhaust of a TDI's with SCR, must check that out later.

Not noticed much of an issue with the exhausts of vehicle with Stop / Start when stopped, which obviously needs the Stop / Start functioning, and functioning well.

Those that had the £0 or low VED pre April because of Stop / Start have a cheek turning it off IMO. But then VW Group did fit some not fit for function batteries and systems.