New to the forum any bagged mk1 superbs?

Hey folks I'm new to the forum I picked up my superb about 3 months ago plans are to get it dropped on air suspension out of my old Passat , anyone else on air? Thanks

IMG_20170409_190517.jpg

Welcome to the forum, have you checked the car for water ingress? Do yourself a favour before you spend any money on it and read the stickered thread at the top of the page from start to finish! All of these cars let water in its just a matter of time, so check under the carpet front and back left and right (the top may feel dry to the touch but they can have gallons of water underneath and if it has been wet for any length of time there will be corrosion in the wiring and electrical connections). Best of luck with it they are a great workhorse if they are well maintained and the design weaknesses addressed in time.

Also I just noticed if you have the 2.0 litre diesel check out the issues with the oil pump drive google is your friend, what engine code do you have?

Edited by gfinneran

OK so should I lift the carpet as well then are will I know from checking around the inside ? All electrics seem to be working fine considering its 10 year old and the previous looked after it very well.

If you read the thread on water as above, electrics can be working fine but if there is water there and please check all connector blocks throughout, the damage will happen so the first sign you get will be things not working. By this time you will have a lot of work to do.

So if there is damage deal with it, if not you are lucky and keep checking the entry point.

Good luck.

OK if had a read of it won't have time to start stripping tonight as I'm up early for work in the morning but I've checked the things listed on the post seems my puddle lights don't work on my mirrors all the rest are working fine apart from one rear bootlid light, carpet seems all clear but I'll be getting it lifted on Monday for more inspection ( work butterfly shifts so I'm doing 12hrs all weekend ) also I checked around the battery and I can see I good bit of dampness down below the battery so I'll defo get it checked out on Monday ! I'll keep you'd all posted 

Does it have a sunroof if so make sure the drains are clear you can see the front drains when the front doors are open just below the upper hinge give them a squeeze and the water will run out. Reading that thread start to finish is the best investment you can make do not put it off. These cars are a money pit if you don't address the flaws asap, be thorough in your inspection and follow the guides to fix it once and right the first time.

Do you have the 2.0PD? Read this thread and others like it don't spend a penny on the car until you check it out properly. The advice seems to be the 2.0PD is to be avoided because of the oil pump problems do a search on it!

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/204740-buying-20-tdi-oil-pump-advice/