Just collected new Superb, wow!

35 minutes ago, freelunch said:

But when you're reversing, half the car will be going in the right direction.

I have the Vega rims. My wife said they looked like someone had bashed them with a hammer. Now I can't unsee that!

Or a kerb? :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe if it behaved like a tank we could have both set going the correct way.

4 hours ago, Svend said:

I picked these wheels because the other ones visually irk me. On one side the wheels would appear to go the direction of the 'blade' spoke, while the other side, the 'blade' spoke would appear to go backwards. I couldn't live with a car like that. Lol. 

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. 

Any wheel designs  with only rotational symmetry should be produced in chiral pairs (ie left and right handed) so you don't get that "backwards" effect on one side of the car

1 hour ago, Hansn said:

Damn it! I've ordered these and will now never be able to not think about it...:crying:

Mate. Don't worry about it. 

I've got this almost, I don't want to say OCD as it gets used too often out of context, irrational thing that things need to have reflectional and rotational symmetry if there's more than two of it. Four spoke wheels drive me mental. Three spoke okay, four no, five upwards like the 19 spoke Ford wheels I first became aware of many years ago, yes. 

7 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. 

Any wheel designs  with only rotational symmetry should be produced in chiral pairs (ie left and right handed) so you don't get that "backwards" effect on one side of the car

BMW did that on one of it's recent electric or hybrid cars. As it was to save energy, the only issue was a couple of the images were released with the wheels on the wrong sides, in essence creating more drag and increasing energy usage. Lol. 

For me I have an irrational thing about symmetry, it's super annoying. 

10 hours ago, Svend said:

I picked these wheels because the other ones visually irk me. On one side the wheels would appear to go the direction of the 'blade' spoke, while the other side, the 'blade' spoke would appear to go backwards. I couldn't live with a car like that. Lol. 

I actually thing there are three or four on here with the same colour and wheel combo. It's the best combo in my books. 

Autozine did a great photoshoot with the same colour wheel combo. 

https://www.autozine.co.uk/skoda/superb/review 

Shame I couldn't get beige leather interior. :( 

My reason for chosing these wheels as well - salesman had never thought about it.

I can also feel smug now - mine has the beige leather / alcantara.

Edited by IJWS15
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

My reason for chosing these wheels as well - salesman had never thought about it.

I can also feel smug now - mine has the beige leather / alcantara.

Mine was suppose to have beige leather but there was a supply issue so many if not all SE L Execs at the time got black leather. 

I wouldn't want alcantara though. Just got back home from an evening out and got a taxi to the restaurant, an Octavia with black leather/alcantara interior. Looked nice but full leather is nicer, for me. 

As with anything, it's personal preference and if we were all the same, life would be boring. 

Have had leather in a Honda Accord and the leather/alcantera combination in the last Octavia.  Full leather is too hot in summer when the car has been parked in the sun (think Mediterranean sun), the heated seats take too long to warm up in winter, and you move around too much when cornering without sports seats (SWMBO hates sports seats) so the leather/alcantera is comfortable, not too hot, not too cold and holds you in place.

I've got full black leather coming on my L&K, coming from 1/2 leather/fabric O3 VRS seats. Given the auxilliary heater/ventillation now available surely the days of scorching seats is a thing of the past. I'll be using the aux ventillation as and when necessary to reduce cabin temperature before driving. Now just hoping the system is up to it.