New buy build week ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quotas will indeed be one reason for different delivery times. Also another factor will be the spec ordered - there will be cars built to standard/popular specifications without necessarily having an associated order.

Sometimes dealers can intercept a car that is not actually allocated in the build cycle and then even change specifications.

When I ordered a car for 2011 I knew lead times were possibly long and was allowed to order early. It was delivered to the dealers a few months before I could have it.

Similar for the next car but that turned up around the time the lease was up on the other car. On initial order of the Superb I was quoted early December for the build week but that ended up being late September.

I ordered a Sportline 2.0 150ps last week and called the dealer today to make a spec change, he said the car is confirmed for Build Wk 50! Surprised it’s that fast. Said he didn’t know if they would accept a spec change at this stage, anybody know how late they accept changes? I’m adding sat nav which isn’t standard in Ireland

41 minutes ago, casati said:

I ordered a Sportline 2.0 150ps last week and called the dealer today to make a spec change, he said the car is confirmed for Build Wk 50! Surprised it’s that fast. Said he didn’t know if they would accept a spec change at this stage, anybody know how late they accept changes? I’m adding sat nav which isn’t standard in Ireland

I tried to add heated seats to mine after the order had been accepted by the factory and a provisional build date provided.   I was told no even though it had not gone into production which even surprised my dealer!

Probably related to the just in time supply chain of car manufacturers. They will have ordered the seats for your original order so could not swap the order (probably with a third party manufacturer). They will have components like seats delivered to the assembly plant just in time for cars to be assembled.

Okay, It’s five weeks until the planned build date so hopefully they can find a spare sat nav hanging around 

I ordered the 10thish of August mine is delivered to me on the 30th of November so all in 16 weeks. Its a laser white sportline 150 diesel hatch only options I specced was front sensors and a spare wheel. Its a lease so didnt go mad with options.

Did they indicate to you when you ordered it would be 16 weeks?

Was it because they were crossing over to the M18 perhaps?

I really hope mine isn’t that long a wait!

12 hours ago, aldouk said:

Did they indicate to you when you ordered it would be 16 weeks?

Was it because they were crossing over to the M18 perhaps?

I really hope mine isn’t that long a wait!

Nope 12 weeks was what the dealer quoted so should have been on the drive by now. It could have been the cross over I guess. It would be handy to have an online checker like audi and vw to see where abouts the car is.

On 24/10/2017 at 21:55, RoadCycleNut said:

Ordered my 150 Sportline (traffic assist, park assist, lane assist and elect boot) through Skoda Business Sales 15thSept and it’s been in port since 19th Oct waiting to to be shipped to the UK. Wonder how long it will take to get to the dealers. I can’t really take it until 22nd Nov so hoping it should make it in time.

Picked the car up this morning,  can’t fault it so far. One slight disappointment though, I was under the impression the electric aux heater on the spec sheet was the thing that preheated your cars interior before you got in it....Thats not actually what it does at all but obviously my misunderstanding. No great shakes the cars still awesome!

30 minutes ago, RoadCycleNut said:

Picked the car up this morning,  can’t fault it so far. One slight disappointment though, I was under the impression the electric aux heater on the spec sheet was the thing that preheated your cars interior before you got in it....Thats not actually what it does at all but obviously my misunderstanding. No great shakes the cars still awesome!

Very good.

i think the Aux heater will warm up quicker. Usually BMW’s and the like that have the option for it to come on at particular time etc.