Hi all, 

I recently got my hands on a T reg Felicia. I am planning on installing a small sub and some more speakers, I love my music. 

My first step is going to be to swap around my stereo to one that has a bluetooth connection. I was thinking of purchasing the Sony DSX-A400BT. 

The Felicia currently has her original stereo and I was wondering what wiring I am going to need to be able to connect the new stereo in, has anyone done this swap or a similar one before / know how to? 

I have absolutely no clue on wiring or anything like that what so ever so any help would be fantastic. 

Cheers. 

When you say you "have absolutely no clue on wiring or anything like that what so ever" I wonder who will do physically the modifications on your car after you get all necessary information from us...

18 hours ago, RicardoM said:

When you say you "have absolutely no clue on wiring or anything like that what so ever" I wonder who will do physically the modifications on your car after you get all necessary information from us...

I will?

I have come here to learn.

I figured that surely a forum like this would really help me far more than by just googling and playing with things I didn't know about. 

Cheers for the 'help'

On 8/30/2017 at 16:10, 1999Felicia said:

The Felicia currently has her original stereo

What type is it? Grundig MS201 ? MS201A?

Felicia was equipped with several types of radios.

Edited by RicardoM

1999Felicia, there's an answer for you in the other section you asked this question in ;);)

There are quite a few on here who understand we all have to start somewhere, and weren't born with a Haynes manual up our backsides.

2 minutes ago, RainbowFire said:

1999Felicia, there's an answer for you in the other section you asked this question in ;);)

There are quite a few on here who understand we all have to start somewhere, and weren't born with a Haynes manual up our backsides.

Thankyou!! 

Have a good one. 

• Like 1

1999Felicia..........you must be wondering whats going on.............but Hey   get one of these   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newest-Bluetooth-Car-Stereo-Audio-Player-MP3-USB-WMA-FM-Radio-In-Dash-Player/181880980029?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649   Cheap as chips  £12 quid....and a piece of cake to wire up, had one for a while now, bit cheaply made ,but works great.... comes witha remote as well,  Chinese engineering at its finest.

17 minutes ago, jetbubble said:

1999Felicia..........you must be wondering whats going on.............but Hey   get one of these   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newest-Bluetooth-Car-Stereo-Audio-Player-MP3-USB-WMA-FM-Radio-In-Dash-Player/181880980029?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649   Cheap as chips  £12 quid....and a piece of cake to wire up, had one for a while now, bit cheaply made ,but works great.... comes witha remote as well,  Chinese engineering at its finest.

I can, in this instance, also vouch for that piece of kit. I've just installed one into the duvet-stealer's car. No problems, despite the same "wires not ISO" approach that the  Sony DSX-A400BT has. It's in, it works, and is waaaaaaaaaaay better than a 20-year old cassette deck. (Can you even still buy cassettes these days?)

Oh and Bubble, we drove through sunny Whitstable today, on the way back from Herne Bay (along the coast and through the town). Nice to see the place brimming with people still. ;):)

Rainbow, You are welcome to pop in for a cup of  tea anytime...........Be glad when all the tourists go home....  Chelsea tractors everywhere....   How do they make those radio's so cheap......... I had a Nissan Figaro, and the radio fo one of them was £499.00

• Like 1

Meant to say, i just bought another Fun,  this makes it the fifth one iv'e had...., I gotta be insane,..... but it was cheap...got a truckman top, long and short roof bars.  has all the usual probs, rusty wings, turrets ect, needs a tailgate, but no chance of one of them, unless some kind heart donates one  but runs sweet..... needs welding and paint , i'm gonna do both......be ready to go about Christmas next year  haha,

Bubble: What? Another one? :o:o You must have had the highest ownership level of Funs, ever. Thanks for the offer of a cuppa, I might just take you up on that, as we're regularly in in Herne Bay doing the brekkie thing.  If you're interested, I have a pair of Felly wheels/tyres that could do with a good home.....oddly they're too small for the Bimmer ;):o

@Gizmo

I totally agree with you and so it will be. Sadly he has zero respect for moderators. You have read yourself his post (before deleting it), right in this topic, where he implies I have them pocketed, disregarding royally his past attempt to ban me using his friendship with an ex-moderator. It is enough to read his first post in this topic (as in previous topics too) to understand that he has a chip on his shoulder and he never misses an opportunity to attack me first. I've said it many times, I accept any confrontation of ideas based on technical evidence. I am willing to accept advice from people having better knowledge than me (and there are a few) but I find hard to respect opinions from somebody that has more ego than knowledge (see his reply to the technical problem in this topic in here). I think that at 53, having almost 35 years of experience, I deserve more than a condescending "Ricky boy". For somebody not British, over 460 likes and thousands of posts (many of which having explanatory photos and diagrams) means something for this forum. I rest my case.

1 hour ago, RicardoM said:

@Gizmo

I totally agree with you and so it will be. Sadly he has zero respect for moderators. You have read yourself his post (before deleting it), right in this topic, where he implies I have them pocketed, disregarding royally his past attempt to ban me using his friendship with an ex-moderator. It is enough to read his first post in this topic (as in previous topics too) to understand that he has a chip on his shoulder and he never misses an opportunity to attack me first. I've said it many times, I accept any confrontation of ideas based on technical evidence. I am willing to accept advice from people having better knowledge than me (and there are a few) but I find hard to respect opinions from somebody that has more ego than knowledge (see his reply to the technical problem in this topic in here). I think that at 53, having almost 35 years of experience, I deserve more than a condescending "Ricky boy". For somebody not British, over 460 likes and thousands of posts (many of which having explanatory photos and diagrams) means something for this forum. I rest my case.

+ 1

• Like 1