Auto lights retro fit

bradh

Hi guys sorry for another post but my mk5 golf had auto lights and I found them real handy can these be retro fitted to 07 octavia vrs, mine does not have auto wipers 

Iv found kits on eBay but there all for the newer mk3 octavia :( 

6 hours ago, Cactusjack said:

Or, you'll need to do a full retrofit including new windscreen and rain/light sensor etc...

I recently did the RLS retrofit to my Mk2 FL Skoda Octavia and am happy to report back I did not require a NEW windscreen. 

I followed a very well know retrofit guide on myturbodiesel forum and if you followed it step by step it is an easy retrofit. You can easily acquire the parts from breakers yard or sites like Aliexpress (where I got my sensor + holder). Make sure to use the original VW adhesive. I have had my retrofit for over two months and it works perfectly. 

Edited by singh946

Cheers gents by  the look of it costing wise the switch and sensor option from eBay suits me, but will I be left with a gap round the switch as tim sure iv read the skoda one I'd not round but the golf one is 

Took 5 mins on mine, no extra wire needed but your mileage may vary, located the sensor right at the bottom of the A pillar, they are fairly reactive to low light but they can go on and off under trees etc but I haven't touched them since I fitted them they always seem to come on when needed, only thing I couldn't suss was the leaving/coming home lights, it flashes the sidelights when locking/unlocking in the dark rather than keeps them on but I did read somewhere it's to locate your car in a car park? Even so with the flashing they still light up my yard enough to see where I am going so for £20 ish I ain't complaining.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 04/09/2017 at 16:25, T2000 said:

Hey fellas, I've recently bought these but can't get it to work. My car is 08 pfl and with both items plugged in all I get is constant dipped headlights in all positions. 

I have emailed the company the switch came from because it moves to dipped position but not quite all the way and doesn't "click" into position, they should hopefully send a replacement soon and I'll try that but if it doesn't work have you had to do anything for yours to work or just plug and play? 

Thanks in advance 

23 minutes ago, Chrishrvs said:

Hey fellas, I've recently bought these but can't get it to work. My car is 08 pfl and with both items plugged in all I get is constant dipped headlights in all positions. 

I have emailed the company the switch came from because it moves to dipped position but not quite all the way and doesn't "click" into position, they should hopefully send a replacement soon and I'll try that but if it doesn't work have you had to do anything for yours to work or just plug and play? 

Thanks in advance 

That looks like the switch i used on my 2010 FL, have you got 10 wires in the switch connector, if not you need to add 1 going to the main controller, there is a post somewhere on here that gives the pin numbers, also have you got a rain light sensor? 

24 minutes ago, Cryonut said:

That looks like the switch i used on my 2010 FL, have you got 10 wires in the switch connector, if not you need to add 1 going to the main controller, there is a post somewhere on here that gives the pin numbers, also have you got a rain light sensor? 

Hi, I bought items, auto switch and light sensor control unit the same as T2000 did and his was plug and play no extra wires. Car doesn't have factory rain/light sensor. 

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2018 at 19:12, Cryonut said:

I've got a 07 plate and have changed the switch and I have the same problem and I've got rain light sensor