Skoda SOS Error.

wiggi

As it was with my Jul-15 VRS, the superb does this too. Usually when the radio has it's usual wobbly every few weeks. Once it restarts all is well. Think it's the software on the headunit causes it. 

On 06/09/2017 at 20:01, wiggi said:

Popped into the dealership today and was told they have not seen this before, they are going to need the car booked in......will update when fixed.

Hi

Has this been sorted yet

Hi

as per my previous post this was how it was fixed.

“So he looked at the error message SOS, the diagnostics did not pick up anything about this fault and he checked to see if there was a hotfix for the issue. He found no hotfix or reports on this so he removed the error/flushed and it back to normal.”

so in a nutshell, nobody knows why the fault happens but we are all getting from random issues......just ask the dealer to delete the message.

hope that helps.

23 hours ago, Artur_ said:

Hi,

Seems that there can be a number of reasons of that sos error and infotainment issues.

In my case the issue was fixed by some infotainment driver unit replacement. So hardware fault.

Hi

had phone call this morning,saying they are going to replage Infotainment unit today.

Will post if solves probs.

On 21/02/2018 at 09:10, two2dogs said:

Hi

had phone call this morning,saying they are going to replage Infotainment unit today.

Will post if solves probs.

Still no joy, Skoda has my Kodiaq for 10 days now.Feeling annoyed.

Hi two2dogs, just spotted this forum as I have same problem with my Kodiaq. SOS Error message and tone sounds multiple times on most journeys. Awaiting third one day stay at dealers and they have no clue. Will let you know if I hear first.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Kev- said:

Hi two2dogs, just spotted this forum as I have same problem with my Kodiaq. SOS Error message and tone sounds multiple times on most journeys. Awaiting third one day stay at dealers and they have no clue. Will let you know if I hear first.

Hi Kev they now have car longer than I have,not a happy chappie.excuses day after day.

Just had phone call from Skoda dealer. fitted new gps ariel and infotainment center,

but there's a fault in the wiring in between the two.Have to order new wiring and it is a big job to replace.

will take another week.:sleepy::sleepy:

Edited by two2dogs

On 28/02/2018 at 09:16, two2dogs said:

Hi Kev they now have car longer than I have,not a happy chappie.excuses day after day.

Day 17 and I have my Kodiaq back. Carried out replacement of wiring ,GPS antenna,reactivated Telematic unit.

Seems to be ok now.

20 hours ago, two2dogs said:

Day 17 and I have my kodiaq back.Carried out replacement of wiring,

GPS atenna,reactivated telematic unit.

seems to be ok now.

Would you mind saying which dealer and a contact name, so I can ask my garage to contact them for details. Could save me all the pain and delay you have been through. Mine goes in next Tuesday, so they could get ahead of the game. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Kev- said:

Would you mind saying which dealer and a contact name, so I can ask my garage to contact them for details. Could save me all the pain and delay you have been through. Mine goes in next Tuesday, so they could get ahead of the game. Thanks.

If possible to share the dealer info that would be really helpful. 

In the past when I have had cause to go back to my dealer (Horton's in Lincoln) for a fault, if there is no recall or tech note from Skoda they always insist on seeing a fault for themselves. 

On my old car (Octavia), after 3 years of reporting a reverse gear sticking/deselect issue it never actually got fixed as their mechanic didn't see the problem, despite me claiming that gear stick in 1st but gearbox stuck in reverse was a serious safety issue.

46 minutes ago, Kev- said:

Hi Kev

dealership is Sparshatts of Botley Southampton SO30 2EU.

Hope this helps.

img182.jpg

• Like 1

I had this today with my 3 week old sportline superb. Dealer knew immediately what it was. There is a faulty batch of modules that go in behind where the SOS button is. The headliner needs to be removed and parts replaced. It will take 2 days apparently. The existing stock of spares are all also faulty so new parts have to be ordered directly from Skoda.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, greym said:

I had this today with my 3 week old sportline superb. Dealer knew immediately what it was. There is a faulty batch of modules that go in behind where the SOS button is. The headliner needs to be removed and parts replaced. It will take 2 days apparently. The existing stock of spares are all also faulty so new parts have to be ordered directly from Skoda.

Thanks for the update, at last we have something to worth with.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 09/03/2018 at 20:49, greym said:

Can you tell us which dealer?

my 1 week old Kodiaq from Dublin dealer has the same problem. 

On 06/09/2017 at 20:01, wiggi said:

Popped into the dealership today and was told they have not seen this before, they are going to need the car booked in......will update when fixed.

Funny how they never seem to have seen anything before, every time :) You'd think they've never seen a car before.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I have this fault, which will not clear. Also, my battery went completely flat over three days. I managed to jump start from my truck; however, very disappointed. Once running, drove for 45 miles, monitoring my socket adapter, which also gives a battery voltage readout. I got only 12.3 volts for most of journey indicating a possible charging fault. Thing was, I then used the heated rear seats and other high demand accessories, but voltage never went down! Instead, it jumped to 14.7 volts, which is above the normal charging level of 13.9 volts usually seen on most vehicles when under normal driving conditions. Just don’t trust this car! 

• 2 weeks later...

Had this on my Superb. The SOS button was also Red. This happened when the battery went flat

Pressed the SOS button to make a call, it called the number and then I manually cancelled the call.

To my surprise the Error/warning disappeared.

saved going to the dealers

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had any further news on this - I've had it twice each time just after restarting the car following a time standing. It goes away if you restart.