Skoda SOS Error.

wiggi

Hi All

I picked my new Superb SE Tech up last week and I am getting this message "SOS Emergency Call Restricted. Workshop!", has anyone seen this message before and if so any advice would be very welcome.....just trying to save some time by not going to a dealership.

p.s I am loving the superb!

Thanks in advance.

error1.jpg

I think the workshop message is self-diagnosing! You need to go back to the dealer to get them to inspect/clear the code. If you want to save time, phone them and explain the dilemma just incase its a glitch but I recon they will say you need to return the car for inspection. It looks like a phone system error... Are you linked via bluetooth or similar and its not connecting calls? That'd be my guess. Perhaps its NOT connected at all anyway and the car thinks you should be or you are trying to connect where you are not authorised/subscribed to. I am only guessing here as to the cause. Dealer sharpish!

I had that a couple of weeks ago. Left car in car park with occupants inside while I shopped. Keys were in ignition as car had family waiting in the car. I returned to car with shopping loaded and then started car up and the Navigation system and radio were dead. The yellow exclamation park appeared as the did the SOS message. Eventually after taking keys out of ignition and reinserting and starting car up the messages cleared. Odd but I have put down to me leaving the keys inside for so long. 

8 hours ago, Flatjack said:

I had that a couple of weeks ago. Left car in car park with occupants inside while I shopped. Keys were in ignition as car had family waiting in the car. I returned to car with shopping loaded and then started car up and the Navigation system and radio were dead. The yellow exclamation park appeared as the did the SOS message. Eventually after taking keys out of ignition and reinserting and starting car up the messages cleared. Odd but I have put down to me leaving the keys inside for so long. 

Thanks, this is exactly what happened to me! left the keys in the ignition with the radio on for a few hours. (was camping)

But for me the message will not go away, have to take in to a dealer.

Perhaps it's battery related?  The batteries on the Superb aren't the biggest and those in colder climates that run ancillary heaters (webasto) and similar often need to upgrade their batteries.  Perhaps the voltage drops too low for the SOS system to work? 

• 1 month later...

I've just seen this thread after I posted about my Sat Nav crashing.

Basically my Sat Nav has crashed and has frozen on the position it was in at that time. I've tried turning it off and back on again, but it's still not working. However, I did get the 'SOS Emergency call restricted. Workshop!' message in the maxi dot display after that.

Picked up my Kodiaq few days ago. I was fine during handover, but "SOS Emergency Call Restricted. Workshop" alert came up before I left the dealer. I should have gone back right away, but thought it was just a one off alert.

Only thing I did was pairing my phone to head unit (Bolero). It could be the address book sync messed up with the SOS number already in the system. I don't have an entry called SOS or S.O.S in my address book, but do have an entry called EMERGENCY. 

On 31/10/2017 at 18:33, Fatso said:

I've just seen this thread after I posted about my Sat Nav crashing.

Basically my Sat Nav has crashed and has frozen on the position it was in at that time. I've tried turning it off and back on again, but it's still not working. However, I did get the 'SOS Emergency call restricted. Workshop!' message in the maxi dot display after that.

Hi did you manage to get this fixed, i am still waiting on my service.

I did eventually. I tried resetting my Columbus by holding the power button until the speakers crackled and it went off, as per the manual, but the sat nav was still frozen so I gave up. I turned my car off and left it overnight and it worked perfectly the next day and has done ever since.

I am getting the same problem with my Kodiaq.

Has happened quite a few times now. Pattern seems to be that after about 1 minuet after starting the engine the radio / entertainment system reboots itself, when it comes back on I see the “Emergency Call Restricted. Workshop” error, but that corrects itself within about 10 seconds and I get a “Emergency Call Activated” message.

after that it works ok... until the next time I go for a drive!

Will be booking an appointment with the dealer.

Kieran

I get exactly the same as Wiggi .. picked my new Superb up on Sunday and I'm sure the salesman saw the error but he just glossed over it.  I was a little overcome with all the technology and getting to grips with the ins and outs that I only realised the error later.

I've arranged to go back on Saturday on another matter and will be getting them to have a look then.  I'd better give them a heads up before hand though. 

I'll let you know how I get on.

• Thanks 1

Hi All

So today i had the AA come to me as my battery was too flat...he had no idea why it was flat so he connected to the computer and ran some diagnostics on the system and found no faults to why the battery was flat.

So he looked at the error message SOS, the diagnostics did not pick up anything about this fault and he checked to see if there was a hotfix for the issue. He found no hotfix or reports on this so he removed the error/flushed and it back to normal.

Finally error message now gone and my battery is now charged.......for now.

Hi, any news? Any clues?

I got my new Superb 2 weeks ago and after 3 days I saw same error "Emergency call restricted" for the first time.  The Amundsen is dead until either I do it's reset (pushing the amundsen power button for about 10 seconds) or just wait a couple of minutes of drive (5-15 min).

Does anyone know if that is battery related maybe?

Hi,

I had this from new on my Superb.  They said they had had a bulletin through for the Kodiaq but hadn't seen it on the superb.  They said they would get it booked in at my convenience to sort.  They came a couple of months later and collected the car.  They plugged it in and connected it to Poland and that was it fixed. Not seen it again.  Get it in to the dealers and they will sort.  

My dealer was Ingram Skoda in Ayr. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, 

It would be awesome to know if anyone has got to the bottom of this error. I took delivery of my Skoda 2 weeks ago and I'm seeing both the SOS error and the Infotainment screen hanging error. The problem is intermittent at the moment. I've asked the dealer to take a look at it but no word back yet. Thanks!

The only way I had mine removed was to get them to reset the error with the machine they plug in. Skoda roadside assistance done this for me.

I would advise that take it to the dealer and ask for them to reset the error, it took about 2 mins for this to be done on my car.

• 1 month later...