P2563 Fault Code

Hi all, the emissions warning light and glow plug light recently lit up on my 08 RS. The glow plug light is intermittent. A friendly dealer  plugged in his reader and I got the following codes, P2563 $07E8, the text below said Turbocharger boost control position, sensor A circuit range/performance.

I've been going in circles on google trying to determine if this a home fix or a garage job, has anyone come across it before and had any success??

Thanks in advance,

crozzer

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Guessing Turbo actuator. Changed mine around 140,000 as rubber diaphragm inside split. Get it tested for vacuum leaks. The sensor on top maybe picking it up.

Or maybe the actual boost pressure sensor itself has failed. See below for it's location ...

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Edited by Kris82

On 27/05/2019 at 19:44, Ian1971 said:

Hi Crozzer, I’m having the exact same issue. 

Did you ever solve it? 

If you place an @ symbol in front of their name, depending on their settings they'll get an email notification that they've been tagged...

@Crozzer

• 11 months later...
On 31/01/2020 at 13:27, silver1011 said:

If you place an @ symbol in front of their name, depending on their settings they'll get an email notification that they've been tagged...

@Crozzer

Had my Skoda octavia checked by an auto tech cos I was getting the same code turns out to be vacuum pump which after shopping around cost about £210 .....