Dbeggs

Daytime running lights not working

Dbeggs    0

Hi, I have a 2014 Rapid 1.6 SE, within the last week the DRL on passenger side has stopped working, the bulb still works for the headlights but not for DRL, I thought it mite have been a fuse, even thought the driver side was still working,so i changed it anyway but it still doesnt work. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this or would know what the issue could be??

AutoScholar    168

If your 2014 car is the same as my 2016 one then the DRL and main beam are two different filaments in the same H15 bulb.
Perhaps there's a loose wire in the connection block. It's not a great piece of engineering.

BACUPIAN    8

After owning my Rapid[less than a week] it was the same side & bulb on contacting the dealer & complaining about the price of a replacement [£20 ish] ? Return with the car & we will sort it [under warranty for free] apparently the 1st bulb was defective ! The 2nd was fitted & all has been fine since !  MAYBE ? then you have a faulty [new] bulb ? & at the price [rrp] expect it to at least light & last longer than they do !

Dbeggs    0

Thanks for the advice, i will replace the bulb, as i thought it wasnt the issue due the main beam working ok, & see if that fixes the issue. Will let you know how i get on.

BACUPIAN    8

YES, I should have mentioned there are 2 filaments on this type [H15] of bulb & this "probably" accounts for the crazy [rrp] price ? Hope you sort it....newer models & the Toledo have L E D type DLR lights & believe you me the price to convert is........real crazy money.. I have enquired !!!

pinkpanther    231
1 hour ago, camelspyyder said:

Full LED headlights on the Toledo is a four figure option. Yikes!

I guess this explains why the Xcellence model attracts a significantly higher insurance rating than other (non LED equipped) models.

The Xcellence is group 20, whereas the (non LED equipped) Style Advanced model it replaced is group 16.

Edited by pinkpanther