Any DTUK users with 2.0tdi 150ps

Hi,

I just wondered how any DTUK on the 150 2.0 TDI, with the search I mostly seem to find vRS drivers.

I am interested in getting one, with an eye on improved overtaking and better econemy when driving in a more relaxed style, and wanted to get some real world reports.

Many Thanks,

Edited by plumose
spelling correction

I've got one on my DSG,

I've only set mine on the 1+1 setting so far as i keep forgetting to change it to try something else, the low end "shove" when you put your foot down is noticeable which makes the car a bit more "fun", Overtaking isn't a issue, I flick down a gear (flappy paddles to the rescue as kick down doesn't react quick enough ) and off we go.

I've seen a big improvement in longer journeys, 35 mile trip round the m25 to work in the morning has gone from averaging 58-60MPG I saw 70 the other morning, bear in mind im on the motorway at stupid o'clock so i can cruise around 75mph for 90% of the time (f**king m3/m4 junction), I don't expect to see 70 constantly as the kids are back at school so the motorways will be busier.

work to back home which is a bit more start/stop and queues i think were high 40's to mid 50's with the box.

I've heard a rumour that as the weather gets cooler i should move to the '3' program but ill give them all a go.

hopefully my rambling makes sense its a Sunday night :) 

There are reviews in the Forum, and in the ones I've read the consensus regarding the DTUK tuning box is superior lower torque, improved response and marginally better economy if the improved performance is not used.

The consumption on the display is always more flattering than actual consumption due to the 'stealth' signal alterations by the box.

• Like 1

I read through a long one that left me undecided. Seems that it's common for minor issues around driveability when it's fitted, something that's definitely not the case with a good remap, but I do not want to invalidate the warranty. 

It would only put a smile on my face if it was absolutely fault free, just like the two shark maps I had. I can't live with fault codes pinging  up constantly and fluttering throttle response, not even if it's half the cost of a remap. Let's face it, it's ultimately mostly about acceleration in a straight line, and not going to help you go round corners faster. As Schumacher famously said, any fool can drive fast in a straight line :), so I'm probably not going to bother. 

• Like 1