DSG on a Kodiaq

Aeolus

Took delivery of a 5 seat SE 1.4 TSI 150 PS 4x4 DSG last week. Have never driven automatic before. Had 15 minute drive with the salesman. I now realise that his tutorial was somewhat limited to say the least.......

Found out today how to get in and out of sports mode but have no idea why I can push the stick to the left. Anyone have any idea what that is all about please?

Moving the stick to the left gives you manual gear Shift.  Forwards takes you up a gear, backwards down (the shifts

might be the other way around)

Edited by roo

If you have paddles, then you rarely need to move the lever over to manual.

Just click back to change mode from D or Eco to Sport (and back again) to get that extra respeonsive kick when it's time to Go!

Have to say in my current time with the big K, I have not had reason to use the (semi)manual option. The automatic has coped with everything pretty well with the occasional trip into sports if I require a burst of acceleration.

Might use it more in winter (will have to see how it copes with snow and ice)

I regularly use the paddles as I often want to be in a gear other than the one that Skoda has chosen.

Sometimes need to lock it in a lower gear in town, or anywhere with lower speed limits.

Sometimes need to change up when it's holding a low gear heading down a long hill.

Sometimes need to change down on a gentle incline just to keep it on song.

Much of the above will often be with the cruise control active.

Sometimes need to get ready for an overtake.

When I'm alone I get to enjoy Sport mode to the full so that usually needs some serious paddle flicking.

I have one regular uphill motorway interchange ramp that rolls uphill round a full 270 degrees left hand loop and, if left to it's own devices, the car trundles round slowly in high gear, but I'd rather be singing round at at least 60mph in 4th or 5th depending on the weather and having some fun. Most traffic can barely take the turn at 50 - and that includes some serious motors - like Ultimate Driving Machines - so that make some smile :)

Even my good lady enjoys overtaking on this loop in her DSG Octavia to chuckle at the dummies.

• Like 1