MS Pitlook Down - time to bring it back in house?

S00perb

Just replace 'cloud' with 'someone else's computer' whenever you read anything.

The march to using cloud is pretty much unstoppable, the vendors want that OPEX income and to try to bind you into that subscription model. Much much better than selling you a CAPEX box once every 10yr.

If you're paying for the service you should get something back for downtime, these are critical services for business but tbh the contracts written by the vendors are pretty much cast iron.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure this has affected some but not all in our place..

A colleague tried to send me through a load of tender documents for evaluation 5times on monday and it wouldnt deliver he couldnt even send me a direct email, but had no problems with other people across the network. Eventually i had to make a folder on my onedrive and share it with him and communicate in written format through that. Total pain in everyone's collective sack. And theres been sporadic service drops, various ms programmes hanging for seconds to minutes and a spam increase since we ported over to the cloud system from the older setup... even the poxy lumia phones we have are hanging and losing email service with full network coverage available.. (i know theyre terrible phones anyway, but still...)