The Jurassic Coast

Tigger_1979

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK' date=' I'm doing this now. So Will, you might want to print off some of my drivel below and keep the links handy. Here we go

[url']http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=325000&y=85000&z=6&sv=325000,85000&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=300500&ay=81500[/url]

Start at arrow, which is Exmouth.

Head to Budleigh Salterton for seafront stop - should be good photo opportunities

Head to Sidmouth, possible detour via Otterton for possible cliff views (need zoom in)

From there, go toward Seaton, stop off at Beer (;) :dtp: ) Branscombe Head should be nice

Photo opportunities on Seaton seafront?

A3052 to Lyme Regis - again seafront shots, maybe some cliffs.

Head toward Bridport - detours possible to Charmouth, or Seatown looks better

If I may add a bit of semi-local knowledge:

Otterton to Sidmouth - there's a gravel car park on top of the hill just before entering Sidmouth, quick stroll across a field and if the hedges aren't overgrown you can overlook the town. Otherwise there's no seafront parking (although there are car parks on the landward side of the prom road) and if you cruise along the prom you'll have to turn round at the end and come back because of the way the one-way system works.

Branscombe and Beer - neither have particularly good access to the sea; one of the pubs in Branscombe brew their own beer, if you're looking for somewhere to stop for elevenses, but the lanes round there are quite narrow and there might be quite a bit of tourist traffic around in June (not counting Briskodians).

Seaton - a fairly soulless place IMHO, but at least you get a straight run along the seafront and out the other side of town and, unless the situation's changed in the last couple of years, there is parking along the seafront.

Lyme Regis - no easy vehicular access to the sea, but if you want to park in one of the car parks (the one in the town centre can be a nightmare in the summer, but there is one further out) you can walk out along the Cobb and pretend you're Meryl Streep.

Charmouth, don't know enough about the beach but Seatown could be a good stopping place, there's a carpark and a pub right by the beach and if you're feeling energetic, you can run up Golden Cap - the highest point along that stretch of coastline.

Hmmmm, I just realised the South West Motorshow is the day after this meet. I hope its not going to be too long as I'll have to call it quits to get back to Devon to prep the car for the show the next morning. :(

close to the possible route im planning

well using google earth

Jurassic Coast meet

Exmouth

sandy bay

Budleigh Salterton

Orcombe Rock

Sidmouth, Peak Hill Road

Branscombe, River Sid

Seaton

Littoral du Dorset et de l'est du Devon

Lyme Regis Harbour

Golden Cap

Bridport West Bay

Burton Road

Chesil

Portland Bill

Weymouth

Durdle Door

Lulworth Cove

Worbarrow Bay

Kimmeridge Bay

Saint Alban's Chapel

winspit

Lighthouse Road Swanage

Swanage Bay

Studland Bay

Poole Harbour Ferry Finish

gonna look through a few maps and everyones ideas on here now

close to the possible route im planning

well using google earth

Jurassic Coast meet

Exmouth

sandy bay

Budleigh Salterton

Orcombe Rock

Sidmouth' date=' Peak Hill Road

Branscombe, River Sid

Seaton

Littoral du Dorset et de l'est du Devon

Lyme Regis Harbour

Golden Cap

Bridport West Bay

Burton Road

Chesil

Portland Bill

Weymouth

Durdle Door

Lulworth Cove

Worbarrow Bay

Kimmeridge Bay

Saint Alban's Chapel

winspit

Lighthouse Road Swanage

Swanage Bay

Studland Bay

gonna look through a few maps and everyones ideas on here now[/quote']

At most, please select just the best 25% of the above! :rofl:

Just thought I would help with these

Durdle Door ....car park and a longish walk to even see it

Lulworth Cove .......car park ....always packed very popular

Worbarrow Bay may or may not be open as its part of the army firing range

Kimmeridge Bay ...... you have pay on the road for car parking

Lighthouse Road Swanage

Swanage Bay ....long walk from car park

Studland Bay ......toll road so you have to decide if you want the ferry early on

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm still game' date=' but I must be back in Devon by 6, so might have to scarper off a bit early. :)

We're building the stand for the SW Motorshow, the day before. Gonna be HUGE! :cool:[/quote']

your going to be lucky then as you will get to see the coast twice :D

your going to be lucky then as you will get to see the coast twice :D

But it will just be a blur at the speed I'll be going back though. ;) The stand at the southwest motorshow is going to be cool. I highly advise people to put the Sunday 18th June in their calendars if they want to see a good show.

(www.southwestmotorshow.com) - download the video - my car's in it occasionally. :D

1) Tigger and Bex

2) dvere & mrs d (+hammer)

3) devonutopia

4) drm_jones

5) Raceylace and hubby + possibly my bro

6)L-Y-K

Going to have to pull out of this meet as i need to get my brakes done. If i make it to Blackpool, then i can see them being too worn for the South Coast 2 weeks later if i don't get them done or not properly bedded in if i do get them done.

Have fun people and maybe i'll see some of you on my travels in August when i'm down Devon/Cornwall way. :thumbup:

Guest Fabia 12v

Hmmm sorry tigger but on 18th iv got a big day on, so by time iv travelled down there and back i'll be nackered again so looks like a no go for me. Cheers for the invite though. :thumbup:

BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ... BoInG ... bOiNg ...

Just BUMPING the Thread

hehehe