Changing my stereo to the Bolero (Oct Vrs 07)

Jlh

Hi, I want to change my stereo in my 2007 Octavia Vrs to a bolero from a newer Fabia model I have acquired. 

Can somebody please tell me whether it would fit, whether it would work and how/if I need a code would I use the one that's in my logbook? 

Thanks in advance! 

The code will be specific to the head unit. If you have a code for the unit you're going to fit then that's the code you need. If you have a code for the unit which you're removing to replace with the Bolero then that code won't work for the new Bolero obviously, as it'll be for the unit you're removing.

Will it fit? Yes, the connections in the rear will probably fit, but you may need an aerial adapter cable, I don't know. However, the Bolero is a different shape so you'll need a different trim surround to suit the new Bolero.

Also, on a 2007 you may also need to update the CAN Gateway to prevent battery drain as the new unit won't get the correct signals from the old CAN system in the Octavia.