Octavia RS Standard Seats

Hi all, can someone please show me a photo and describe the 'standard' seats on the 184bhp RS model. Brochure doesn't show me any pictures, just says " Alcantara trimmed sport seats". The dealer only has model with Alcantara on the seat and back rest with leather on the sides. Is the standard seat Alcantara seat & back rest with cloth sides or visa versa. The one the dealer has is €750 extra. 

Thanks

38 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Standard seat is cloth, Alcantra is the upgrade seat option for the vRS in the UK

But, just where in the world are you from as you call the model an RS?

Thanks for the reply. I might have to fork out the extra €750 for the Alcantara/Leather.

I'll see what extras Skoda throw in next week in October with all their new offers for 2018 models. 

Regarding my location, I'm in Ireland. Apparently, correct me if I'm wrong, but only the UK call it a vRS. Everywhere else it's called RS?? However different dealers over here call it vRS and RS????

2 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

Apparently, correct me if I'm wrong, but only the UK call it a vRS. Everywhere else it's called RS?? However different dealers over here call it vRS and RS????

Yes, it's basically down to keeping Ford happy and their rights over "RS"  in the UK. 

6 minutes ago, Andyjm2uk said:

Hope someone has a pic if the standard ones.  That's what I ordered, but the Demos all had the Alcantra. 

I don't think I've ever seen the standards.

Saw the pre facelift version today. It had cloth seats with ribs going left to right. Presume the new seats are the same cloth material but with a diamond pattern. 

• Thanks 1

I've got the standard ones in mine. Haven't got any pics yet, will take one unless anyone else does so first. They look very similar to the alcantara ones, just a different fabric. IMO they're a big improvement over the pre-FL and the main reason I bought new rather than a late pre-FL. To me, I didn't think the extra cost of the alcantara was worth it - there were other options I wanted much more.

• Thanks 1

I'm happy with the standard ones. To me the alcantara wasn't worth the extra. Must admit that I haven't yet found a driving position that feels completely comfortable but I've only had it a few days so I think that's just down to getting the adjustments right. In any case, I don't think the alcantara seats are physically different, it's just a different fabric.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kephigo said:

Must admit that I haven't yet found a driving position that feels completely comfortable but I've only had it a few days so I think that's just down to getting the adjustments right. In any case, I don't think the alcantara seats are physically different, it's just a different fabric.

The Alcantra comes with full electrics which make minor comfort adjustments very easy, the ability to move the lumbar support up n down as well as out & in are worth the money alone.

But they were standard on mine!!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Electric seats are standard on the 245, but on the 230 and diesel you've got to spec alcantara AND electric seats; if you just tick the alcantara box they'll still have manual adjustments. By the time you've done that (and added folding mirrors and heated seats which are mandatory) you will have spent circa £1800 so might as well order a 245 instead! :)

8 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

The Alcantra comes with full electrics which make minor comfort adjustments very easy, the ability to move the lumbar support up n down as well as out & in are worth the money alone.

But they were standard on mine!!!

Alcantara is worth it, even if it doesn't come with all that electric adjustments, there isn't better material in the world for car seats. It is better then best leather, and miles ahead standard synthetic cloth. You have the best seats Škoda ever had. I wish I had alcantara instead of leather.