High Pressure Fuel Pump VRS 2013-

Anyone had their VRS petrol fuel pump (HPFP) replaced?

Mine has just started leaking and either needs replacing or new seals fitted if possible.

How much is a replacement if anyone has had one done on here?

Regards 

Jase

Can't say I've ever seen anyone else on here report this issue.

A couple of members have upgraded their fuel pumps to support stage 2+ power upgrades, from memory. I think APR do an uprated one, but I could be wrong on that. Might be worth investigating...?

A few have posted about fuel pump issues in response to a query I raised over mine a few weeks ago. See responses to this thread:

Doesn't seem overly common but seems the seals start failing and they begin leaking. Is yours under warranty? I don't think the pump itself is that expensive but not sure how much labour is required.

Edited by ahenners

23 minutes ago, ahenners said:

A few have posted about fuel pump issues in response to a query I raised over mine a few weeks ago. See responses to this thread:

Doesn't seem overly common but seems the seals start failing and they begin leaking. Is yours under warranty? I don't think the pump itself is that expensive but not sure how much labour is required.

Unfortunately my warranty ran out 7 months ago which is typical...

It just seems strange that this problem has arisen 2 weeks after my MOT.

I can't prove it but my engine cover has been butchered by the mechanic doing the MOT.

The cover has had two of its mounting  points broken off and the cover itself is almost split in two halves.

Not all at impressed as you can imagine but like I said how can I prove anything?

3 minutes ago, VRjest said:

Unfortunately my warranty ran out 7 months ago which is typical...

It just seems strange that this problem has arisen 2 weeks after my MOT.

I can't prove it but my engine cover has been butchered by the mechanic doing the MOT.

The cover has had two of its mounting  points broken off and the cover itself is almost split in two halves.

Not all at impressed as you can imagine but like I said how can I prove anything?

That's annoying, the cover can be a bit fiddly to line up and clip on first time. Out of order though and should be sorted by them. Have you raised it with them?

I have my MOT Friday... Hopefully mine won't end up the same :o

Just now, ahenners said:

That's annoying, the cover can be a bit fiddly to line up and clip on first time. Out of order though and should be sorted by them. Have you raised it with them?

I have my MOT Friday... Hopefully mine won't end up the same :o

I have not as it would be my word against theirs.

Not sure why it would need to come off for an MOT though?

Just now, VRjest said:

I have not as it would be my word against theirs.

Not sure why it would need to come off for an MOT though?

I believe inspections are made around the fuel system and leaks, so they'd need to take the cover off to check as the pump is pretty much under it.

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

I believe inspections are made around the fuel system and leaks, so they'd need to take the cover off to check as the pump is pretty much under it.

And curious that the pump is now leaking...?

Needless to say I shall not be using their services again.

So after taking the car to a friends trusted mechanic yesterday for inspection, he suspects foul play.

The sensor that screws into the top of the fuel pump had been tampered with causing the leak.

That also explains why the engine cover had previously been removed (damaged), which this mechanic says should never had been touched for MOT purposes.

You just can't trust anyone these days.

Anyone know a reliable, trustworthy garage in the Hampshire area I can use in the future?

Edited by VRjest

15 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Did the car not get the Brake Fluid changed at a service at 3 years or have the spark plugs replaced yet?

The car went in just for an MOT, no servicing was required or asked for as it's not due until February 2018

Have you had the car from new then so know that the cover was not off at the last service or anytime?

How come the Warranty ran out 7 months ago and the MOT was being done now, is the car 3 years and 7 months old?

EDIT.

I see from a post that you got it used early in 2016. & it was 3 year old last September 9th so this was the 2nd MOT.

Did you have the A/C serviced anytime because i see you say it was not cold.

Have you checked the Warranty History on the car from before you got it?

?

Are you sure the Engine Cover was OK since the previous MOT and has not been removed between then and this MOT being done?

Edited by Headinawayoffski

21 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Have you had the car from new then so know that the cover was not off at the last service or anytime?

How come the Warranty ran out 7 months ago and the MOT was being done now, is the car 3 years and 7 months old?

EDIT.

I see from a post that you got it used early in 2016. & it was 3 year old last September 9th so this was the 2nd MOT.

Did you have the A/C serviced anytime because i see you say it was not cold.

Have you checked the Warranty History on the car from before you got it?

?

Are you sure the Engine Cover was OK since the previous MOT and has not been removed between then and this MOT being done?

I bought the car second hand with 13000 on the clock from a Skoda dealer and the car was immaculate.

The previous owner has looked after it well and the servicing history was comprehensive.

The air con had also been serviced and I have since found out that the system was on its lowest setting and I now have it running on the 'strong' setting.

Its nice and cold now.

The car came with a one year Skoda warranty. I have not renewed because they wanted £750 for another year.

Regarding the MOT' I always give the car a once over checking the fluids etc before it goes in. The engine cover was secure and in one piece.

What can be comprehensive about servicing up to 13,000 miles, had it had more than just oil/ filter and pollen filter replaced.

Full Main Dealer Servicing History, lots of looking and reporting and Free Wash & Vacuuming.

So the Engine cover will have been off when the A/C was serviced, but since you checked before the MOT it will not have been broken then.

?

Did you not ask the Garage / Testing Station owner then about why after the MOT it was broken when it was not before it?

He or She will know well the Examiner they employ and if they are handless / careless and does not own up to mistakes.

1 hour ago, Headinawayoffski said:

What can be comprehensive about servicing up to 13,000 miles, had it had more than just oil/ filter and pollen filter replaced.

Full Main Dealer Servicing History, lots of looking and reporting and Free Wash & Vacuuming.

So the Engine cover will have been off when the A/C was serviced, but since you checked before the MOT it will not have been broken then.

?

Did you not ask the Garage / Testing Station owner then about why after the MOT it was broken when it was not before it?

He or She will know well the Examiner they employ and if they are handless / careless and does not own up to mistakes.

Comprehensive...  meaning the service book has two stamps in it along with addition printed paperwork with a description of work completed. Not to be confused with an online service record with which most owners don't have the right to access nowadays. Data protection... blah blah...

Its been almost three weeks since I've opened the bonnet and noticed the cover broken. I feel the garage will just fob me off and deny any responsibility.

My word against theirs...

Owners have total right to access the Service and warranty history, you just as the Service Desk Staff to print it out,

and you should get a invoice & Service Inspection report when you are collecting your vehicle or ask for them.

So all minor or major service history from main dealerships should be comprehensive as far as they go.

Independents maybe even more comprehensive and value for money.

DATA Protection is the Owner / Drivers protection, not the excuse that Dealership Employees try to use.

They are being paid as to work for the cars owners by their employers, they are not some God, even though they think they are.

Corporate responsibility to the safety of car owners / drivers and they need the knowledge of what has and has not been carried out on their vehicles.

Just some driver / owners trust that they know their job, there are not many Qualified Mechanical Engineers or Technicians on Service Desks, 

not even working as Service or Workshop Managers.

On that subject of data protection... 

Interestingly the Volkswagen site on "digital service history" suggests "The record will be stored by Volkswagen for the lifetime of the vehicle. No personal information is held on this system, only the vehicle’s service history."

Would assume it's the same for all VW group brands.

On 04/10/2017 at 12:37, VRjest said:

Taylors Garage, Droxford.

Send them a solicitors letter, and take lots of photos documenting the damage. Worth a try? I wouldn't just accept it and walk away