engine revving when stationary and DieselGate recall

Simple question to which I haven't yet found an answer:

Does the DieselGate fix have any effect on engine revving when the car is stationary?

Currently, my 1.6TDI (EA189) doesn't go much above 2000rpm when the car isn't moving. I don't know if that was ever a country-specific thing but it should be easy to verify.

Thanks in advance!

That's good news in the sense that it makes it impossible (or at least harder) for MOT testers and their colleagues in other countries to test emissions - and determine whether a car has had the fix or not.

But: some do perceive the limiter as part of the cheating, at least here in France.

Is there any emissions testing on diesel cars other than visible smoke level in the French equivalent of MOT?  Do you have a results sheet from such a test you could show us?

I feel pretty confident that the French equivalent of MOT doesn't measure NOx, and that's the only thing that the 'fix' is meant to change.  So I'm not sure why any rev limit would be relevant?

Edited by Wino

Well, that's useful to know (NOT :) )

I must admit that I have no idea what they'd want to test for here. Last time (2y ago) my car was exempt from the testing because of the limiter, and that's all my test report says, as far as I know. They don't usually bother us here with technical details.