DCC - Worth it?

Had it on my leon cupra 280, bit if a gimmick imo. I never used anything other than sport mode, other settings were pointless. Just added unnecessary weight and complexity, it didn't do anything that a properly executed passive set up couldn't do. 

3 hours ago, Petunet said:

That's my favourite setting.

Just came to that same conclusion yesterday. I think that probably showcases the "active" elements best perhaps?

• 11 months later...

This weekend I drove a Superb with DCC and 19 inch alloys because I'm considering it as my next car. I'm driven various cars with standard, sport, adaptive dampers, air and adaptive air suspension so I'm experienced with everything from the worst to the best.

Positives: 

• Small road imperfections like rivets, unevenness and minor bumps are iron out exceptionally well. You are not aware of just how good of a job the car does until you then drive a car with passive suspension. 
  • The car is exceptionally good at staying flat. Even an aggressive 90 turn won't throw your passengers out of their seats. 
  • Body roll through corners is minimum. 

Negative:

• Potholes and big imperfection could be dealt with better as the car produce as knocking/cluking suspension noise when it rides over them. Perhaps letting them rebound rather than aggressively keeping the car flat would result in a more cossetting ride. In fact. I prefer the way my X3 deals with the worst of potholes. 

Overall: 

I was very impressed by the car and found the ride quality to be very good. However the G30 5-Series with adaptive dampers, even with 20 inch alloys, is noticeably better at making you feel comfortable and guarded from big imperfections. It does so without float and compromising handling and body roll.

This leaves me in a pickle as I'll be buying my next car used in late 2019. By then, a 12-18 months old 5-Series with adaptive dampers should be around £25-26k which will be approximately £3-4k more than a 12 month old Superb L&K. Obviously the L&K comes as standard with a lot more nice-to-haves but in terms of absolute comfort, handling and balance the G30 is better and simply sublime. 

PS: While adaptive dampers in the Superb and 5-Series are good, a 7-Series with adaptive air suspension is a completely different league when it comes to isolation from the road surface. Big pot holes are ironed out like an ice breaker crushing through sheets of ice. 

2 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

Even with DCC its not a good idea to drive through large potholes.

I don't have that luxury in Kent. Because of the elevation changes here, there are big and small potholes everywhere. A select few can be avoided but others can't including sunken manhole covers.