Tuning box

Hi Dave,yeah i`ve been using a TDI box on my Octavia Elegance diesel estate 150ps and it`s given me better mpg and more power,my motor is now showing 100000 on a 13 plate and the engines nice and loose,i think it`s quicker than my 2010 Octavia vrs tdi and going by the onboard mpg reading i`ve hit 72,i know this is probably way out but it`s a big improvement since i fitted it.I can`t give a better review because i live on the IOW and we`ve only got one fast road and that`s about 200 yards long,the rest of the time we`re stuck behind cyclist,horses and drivers with rigor mortis.It added £30 to my premium and i`ve made that back in diesel a few times over,if you change cars remove and sell it there`s always a demand for used ones,sorry i can`t help more bud......Alan

• Haha 1

A tuningbox will improve your fuel economy if you have the manners & patience of a Staint but, you on-board mpg will out considerable.

TBH will a diesel you'll see a lot better mpg than a petrol even. when giving it some beans but no, that doesn't mean you'll get more mpg whilst thrashing it however, you'll het a lot more smiles on your face

Thanks all so as long as it skews the right way thats fine. I am loath to tell insurance but will have to . I have only just got back into owning and running my own car as had company before. So my insurance only has 2 years no claims as thats all they would let me bring across from the company policy.

May have to think on this one

2 hours ago, TTodorov said:

@ loopylil, what box did you put?

Do you see different behaviour in terms of DPF regenerations?

What are the hp and nm achieved?

Thanks!

Hi chum,being new to the forum i`m not sure how much info i can c & p but this hopefully will give you an idea  https://tdi-tuning.com/variant-datasheet/7755.

This is the one i run,I didn`t notice a regen difference although i wasn`t actively looking for one,but i`ve had six of these boxes over the years and found they suited me well,granted that most people say a remap is probably a better solution but these are interchangable between vehicles and i change my vehicles on a regular basis......

• Thanks 1

Here's my DTUK box - theres a video at the end of the artitle. It certainly skews the MPG readout by over 10% - not sure about the DPF regens but I have been using the DPF app with my dongle to keep an eye on it.

https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/diesel-tuning/diesel-tuning-skoda-octavia-vrs-184-tdi-dsg-dtuk-box-review-and-0-40-0-100mph-video

Judging by the 0-60 times I think about 230 / 240 is about right. I need to take it to a dyno to really see.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well spoke to my insurance to get idea of what it will cost me and they will not even let me put one on. If it alters the BHP then its no go. So pain in ass. Had thought about just doing it but there is always chance of accident and not being able to remove. What insurance companies do you guys use who have boxs. Karl03V5 I was looking at DTUK box. Just bit annoyed as I sent them info on the fuel unit one but no not interested.