Convert Xenon headlamp setup to Halogen set ?

I'm considering installing a Halogen setup to my 2013 Elegance fitted with the highest spec setup.

The reason is the economics involved to replace the headlamp and fog lamps which have been damaged.

Does' anyone have experience of this or suggestions ?

You'll need:

- two new headlights

- new connectors for the headlights

- a manual headlight range adjustment dial

Assuming you have those, you'll need to add wiring to allow the headlight range adjustment to work, disconnect the AFS master and have the car recoded. Once that's done, have the headlight alignment checked :)

You should find the wiring diagrams from your car to give you an idea of what's involved.

The foglamps are still separate modules on the halogen setup, and AFAIK are different to the HID setup due to not having the cornering function. I'm pretty sure that by the time you're done buying new parts for the conversion the cost will be about the same as repairing the lamps you have, with the added disadvantage of not being nearly as good in terms of light output.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kept as standard in the end, matched both sides Xenon setup. I got lucky with Europarts offering a Regen headlamp at a very good price, turned out to be a Hella with minor mounting lug defect. And it doesn't have the Superb inscription.