Costco premium diesel (Kirkland signature)?

Is it any good compared to Shell V Nitro diesel / BP ultimate diesel ? Better than supermarket non-premium diesel? 

It is priced at 114.5p as premium, higher than supermarket standard, lower than Shell / BP standard, and quite a bit lower than Shell / BP premium. 

It's standard diesel delivered to Costco forecourts by Greenergy. Costco then put their own additive in to bring it up to premium spec.

Ive been using it since they opened at Chester and its on par if not better than Shell/BP standard fuel, cant comment on Ultimate/VPower as Ive never used it.

That is XPO they have the distribution contract for Tesco, Greenergy have their own fleet either liveried as Greenergy or Flexigrid.

The additive isnt loaded at the terminals as Costco have no supply agreement with any of the loading terminal operators , it's added to the tank during delivery.

12 hours ago, grumpygreg3269 said:

It's standard diesel delivered to Costco forecourts by Greenergy. Costco then put their own additive in to bring it up to premium spec.

Ive been using it since they opened at Chester and its on par if not better than Shell/BP standard fuel, cant comment on Ultimate/VPower as Ive never used it.

I asked Costco on Facebook and this is what they had to say:

in accordance with BS EN 590, our Premium Diesel has a minimum cetane number of 51. All of our fuels are additised on site using bespoke additive packages. Whilst we are unable to comment on any specific competitor we believe our fuels offer the benefits you would associate with a premium branded fuel.

On 25/10/2017 at 12:01, grumpygreg3269 said:

well I've used up my £20 of costco diesel now. It was OK I guess, the car ran. I don't know if it's a psychological thing but I think the engine felt smoother when accelerating on shell / vpower. if it's not a psychological thing, then I don't know if the engine has gotten used to one type of fuel as I've driven this car 35000 miles since I got on it on Shell fuel with probably around 1 in 3 tanks being v power diesel. 

Now winter diesel should be reaching filling stations further south in the UK so that is another chance for those that monitor fuel consumption closely while the ambient temperatures have not really dropped much yet so not need for the fuel 'winter mode', lights - camera - action- defrost etc etc, 

just a few more miles to get the engine oil up to efficient operating temp, and only maybe an issue with those doing short trips.

Definitely onto winter derv up here. My MPG has dropped by at least 2 after my last tank and I don't do many short journeys.

• Like 1

?

How many more miles this past week into the start of your commute in the morning & then again later until the oil is up to normal / efficient running temperature, 

compared to the first half of October?

PS

What a cracker of a day, chilly start but lovely.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Argh the 'T' word. I'll be needing a full set shortly. Won't get much change from a grand.

I never use the ECO mode in the car. I've tried it a few times, it saved no noticeable amount of fuel and made the car crap to drive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Do you have 19" wheels?

255 18" rears under £200 each and going as expensive as you want..

I actually just had a look and you're right. GY are coming in at about £180. Maybe even less if I'll hold my nose and go to Kwik-sh^t

I do have 19s.

• Like 1

I use ATS Euro Master, 

or Blackcircle, ASDA Tyres can be good,  just avoid the Car Wash Tyre changer / fitters...

(Different size front and rear & no spare or tools / jack then Run Flats or ContiSeal are a necessity.)

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Is Jimmy still at ATS (appreciate this is getting a bit specific for an internet forum)?

I used to always go there because there was no mucking about with him.