What will fit...

So having a bit of time off I've cleaned the car and it's left me wondering what can be improved... Are there parts that will swap and improve the appearance or dare I say performance?

You can get the monte carlo side skirts from super skoda. I think they're needed to finish the look with your splitter and rear spoiler, but I like their RS Plus skirts better though and they're half the price.

Also they do the dark rear lights, although its probably cheaper just to tint the ones you have.

@RiderXXL put some leather look seat covers in his - they were a bit colourful, but something more subtle would be good.

Edited by camelspyyder

On 25/10/2017 at 22:27, JonBRapid said:

So having a bit of time off I've cleaned the car and it's left me wondering what can be improved... Are there parts that will swap and improve the appearance or dare I say performance?

I replaced all the interior / boot lighting with LED's in both my ealier Rapid's (and current Toledo). I also swopped the sidelights and number plate lights for LEDS, which seemed a worthwhile and inexpensive way of making it look a little more up-to-date.

I had planned to update the head unit in my first Rapid (2013 Elegance), but ended up trading it in for a newer Spaceback, which came with the Sat-Nav / DAB and larger screen (? Amundsen).

I never saw the Rapid as a car which might benefit from more performance to be honest. My other car (4x4 TDi Yeti) has been mapped (and is all the better for it), but the higher powered TSi unit seemed sufficient for the Rapid. Guess a suspension upgrade may allow it to exploit the increased power, as the standard set-up is rather inert.

Try a Skoda dealer for the side skirts - they came in cheaper than Superskoda although I never went ahead with getting them.

If you want more of the Monte look then I also went for the tinted front fog and tail lights from Superskoda and got my money back selling the originals on Ebay. I also bought black wing mirror caps and Monte Carlo decals for the B pillars and had the windows tinted.

The wheels on it are Dezent TD graphite 15"

I did contemplate having the roof vinyl wrapped, getting the black grill surround and Skoda badges but VTd the car before I got that far and swapped the wheels back to the original ones

DSC_0408.JPG

Edited by Delberthot