Tyres for '10 Octy vRS

Jackf

Tyrereviews.co.uk is the place to do some research. After a too much lot of time searching the web I am having my Continental SportContact 5s (fronts) replaced today with PremiumContact 6. The rear SportContact 5s have probably another 10000 Miles in them :dry:.

Have Read very good things about the Michelin PilotSport 4 if you don’t mind splashing a bit more cash. Uniroyal Rainsport 3s also seem well-liked for vRS Octavia.

I have run both Michelin PilotSport 3's and PilotSport 4's - the 3's lasted a little bit longer than the 4's but the 4's feel like they have more grip and are great in all conditions.

Highly recommend the Michelin PilotSport 4's.

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3

Wet wise they get an A

fuel economy they're a B

a bit cheaper than Michelin but without a compromise in terms of budget brand

plus a lot of places have offers of money back when you buy two or more...tyres on the drive are charging £90.99 fitted with £30 back if you buy two. 

I would recommend Avon ZV7's they are very quiet have good reviews have A rating for wet weather grip and C for economy, i have just bought 4 225/40/18 w xls for the Superb and they are so much quieter than the Michelins that were on. I know new tyres always feel better but these are way better than the Michelins were from new...£310 for 4 tyres fitted by Merityre Witney.....don't go there ever ever they damaged a rim and said that it was pothole damage...barstewerds