VCDS throttle mod

So I have had just had a visit from waytootall, a top bloke i must say, and had a few VCDS alterations. One of them being the Audi throttle mod. 

This should be a no brainer to you all. The response is far better. Almost no lag and very eager to go! 

Get on to your nearest VCDS guru asap!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Is there anyone in the South West who could perform this VCDS Audi throttle mod please?

+1. Also interested in SW

I have the Pedalbox, but still have a pedal response lag before the throttle increases. Does this 'Mod' remove the lag? Any info on said Audi mod?

That lag is now the only thing that really irks me on the car.

11 hours ago, ajw1100 said:

I have the Pedalbox, but still have a pedal response lag before the throttle increases. Does this 'Mod' remove the lag? Any info on said Audi mod?

I have done all the available throttle mods and they indeed improve throttle response, but there is a factor that causes the lag that is a bit unexpected: subframe shift.

One thing that helps with it that is the dogbone  mount insert, but I am going to go as far as changing the whole subframe for an Audi one and do a few other mods.

• 2 weeks later...

So I drive an Audi A4 190 DSG Quattro -17 and we also have a Superb with the same engine. The Skoda is significantly slower and sluggish on the throttle. The Audi feels like a rocket in comparison.

How do I get one of these mods done to the Superb?

throttle.jpg

• Haha 1

On 27/10/2017 at 21:52, Richard_vrs245 said:

Is there anyone in the South West who could perform this VCDS Audi throttle mod please?

On 27/10/2017 at 22:20, dunc69 said:

+1. Also interested in SW

1 hour ago, Grief said:

So I drive an Audi A4 190 DSG Quattro -17 and we also have a Superb with the same engine. The Skoda is significantly slower and sluggish on the throttle. The Audi feels like a rocket in comparison.

How do I get one of these mods done to the Superb?

throttle.jpg

Take a look in my signature for a VCDS owner near you.

On 28/10/2017 at 21:05, ajw1100 said:

No, nothing will remove the lag 100%... BUT it will be a huge improvement,

I did the ‘Audi mod’ 1st then reverted back to std when I got my pedal box... the pedal box is better than the ‘Audi mod’, but also dearer! 

I also have the 034 Motorsport dogbone insert which was a HUGE improvement.

9 hours ago, JamiePvrs said:

Hahahahahaha speak to local VCDS dealer. There's a map on the forum showing who is where.

:)

Closest member is a four hour drive away :(

Is this an option for changing the throttle response?

https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-49-obdeleven-device.html#/36-additional_options-without_easy_remove_extraction_ring

1 hour ago, Grief said:

:)

Closest member is a four hour drive away :(

Is this an option for changing the throttle response?

https://obdeleven.com/en/home/10-49-obdeleven-device.html#/36-additional_options-without_easy_remove_extraction_ring

Yes OBDEleven can do adaptations and long coding changes.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Any folk who have done this have any fallout on other functions?

It is a bit hit or miss. Some setups go in OK others throw up errors

I think it is something to do with whether your setup is similar to an Audi config. Only way to know for sure is try it. Even a similar car may have a different boxcode or software that can throw up errors.

They should go if you revert back to Skoda and clear the DTCs

Funnily enough when I looked at mine it was set to blank not Skoda. I changed it to Audi and then lost cruise and a whole hatful of errors in the ECU. :blush:

Stop-Start has never worked so well and that may be why. Hopefully will get to try later.

Car is a '66 vRS 230.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:11, Gizmo said:

Race plus 3 equals no lag but a slight increase in fuel consumption maybe experienced !!!

What the vibration like with the dogbone insert ?

• 1 year later...

Hi, bit of a thread revival but wondering if someone could answer me a question...please and thank you :)

I've done the 'Audi throttle mod' using OBDeleven on my 2014 (64) vRS TSI Manual. Changing Unit 01 - Engine - Byte 00, [0C] to [0A] (No manufacturer selected to Audi). Also Unit 44 - Steering - [incremental, controlled over time] to [direct, controlled over threshold value]. 

It has for the most part worked, I noticed a difference in the throttle response and there are no dash errors. However, OBDeleven says that there are errors when I do a scan (even when I don't, actually). I've attached pictures of them here. I have tried clearing them, but the engine one simply won't disappear, and the brakes one clears but then returns next time I plug it in. 

As I said, there are no dash lights on at all, and the car seems to be behaving itself, the cruise control works, the ABS works as it should, traction control etc. works as it should. Do I need to worry about these errors, or is it safe to ignore them?

Screenshot_20181201-195625_OBDeleven.jpg

Screenshot_20181201-195636_OBDeleven.jpg

Screenshot_20181201-195603_OBDeleven.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 11/11/2017 at 13:11, Gizmo said:

Take a look in my signature for a VCDS owner near you.

I did the ‘Audi mod’ 1st then reverted back to std when I got my pedal box... the pedal box is better than the ‘Audi mod’, but also dearer! 

Whar is 034 Motorsport dogbone insert ?

1 minute ago, vnegentsov said:

Whar is 034 Motorsport dogbone insert ?

It’s an alloy insert the goes into the rubber gearbox mount, this then stops the bang you can get when the engine rocks under wide open throttle (mine was mapped to 220 bhp / 505 NM)

• Like 1