Škoda Superb SportLine (ready to order)

2 hours ago, dubincalling said:

will get in detailed (protected) the moment it arrives and post a few photos here.

Now comes the most difficult period-waiting

Thanks to you I also cancelled my original order and placed a new order on Friday too to get the 19in wheels and sunroof, all going well our cars might be on the same boat 

Mine isn’t a patch on yours:

Sportline 2.0 TDI 150 Manual

Tow Bar

Adaptive Headlights

Amundsen

Heated Washers

Moon White

• Like 1

@dubincalling Nice spec alright, congrats!

17 hours ago, casati said:

Thanks to you I also cancelled my original order and placed a new order on Friday too to get the 19in wheels and sunroof, all going well our cars might be on the same boat 

Mine isn’t a patch on yours:

Sportline 2.0 TDI 150 Manual

Tow Bar

Adaptive Headlights

Amundsen

Heated Washers

Moon White

@casati Add traffic sign recognition as you already have the Amundsen, it is about €80 and you can have lane assist and high beam assist activated later on through VCDS.

I already have the camera with the Light Assist so was going to activate the TSR and Lane Assist if I find somebody with the software here 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, casati said:

I already have the camera with the Light Assist so was going to activate the TSR and Lane Assist if I find somebody with the software here 

Thought thats what you may have meant by Adaptive Headlights, seem to be called so many different things. Cheaper to get TSR and activate light assist but not by much to be fair.

Edited by MaddicIrl

2 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

Thought thats what you may have meant by Adaptive Headlights, seem to be called so many different things. Cheaper to get TSR and activate light assist but not by much to be fair.

To be honest I’m not sure what I’m getting but hope it’s smart Light Assist. The dealer says he never ordered this previously but confirmed that it includes the camera but isn’t sure if I get the fancy headlights or not- it will probably just give me auto dimming 

I’ve made so many changes inc cancelling the original order so I’m not going back to the dealer again except to pick up the car next year! 

2 hours ago, casati said:

To be honest I’m not sure what I’m getting but hope it’s smart Light Assist. The dealer says he never ordered this previously but confirmed that it includes the camera but isn’t sure if I get the fancy headlights or not- it will probably just give me auto dimming 

I’ve made so many changes inc cancelling the original order so I’m not going back to the dealer again except to pick up the car next year! 

The Sportline comes standard with Bi-Xenon headlights that point in the direction of steering (more so depending on drive mode selected), Afaik the camera is added to enable smart light assist and I think you get the eye lashes which are nice, although others can confirm this.

5 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

The configurator is now not showing Sportline at all so who knows. Hopefully I get the smart asssit headlights that change the beam pattern with on coming traffic but if not I’ll be kept busy with the rest of the spec.

It’s been years since I had a sunroof and am really looking forward to that especially when it’s basically a free upgrade. 

Really? Do they leak or what? Anything I should be aware of apart from keeping drain holes cleaned? 

Does anybody know if you can fit a roof rack with the sunroof? It’s not essential if I can’t as I have the tow bar for the bike rack but I also have a roof box 

Edited by casati

@casati

On the UK configurator for the sportline the 2 lighting options are:

----light assist with high beam at £250

----smart light assist with blind spot and lane assist at £950

The standard bi-xenons are adaptive with regard to beam patterns at different speeds and, on the Sportline you get cornering headlamps that will move to the left or right as you turn the steering wheel. The fog lamps also illuminate at low speed when turning 90 degree corners.

The cheaper option adds auto switching between high and low beams; no more waiting to do it yourself. (How did we ever manage without it :D )

The more expensive is the full shadow technology where the high beam pattern is shaded to only cover areas that need to be dimmed. It is a completely different assembly and control system hence the extra cost.

I realise the spec in Eire is different but the difference in option price should give you a clue as to what you have ordered. Your dealer isn't the only one who doesn't know enough about his product; I had to help educate mine in the early days of the S3.

Whichever you have ordered they are excellent lights and the car isnt half bad either.

Good luck with it.

Edited by Sagalout
  • Like 1

Thanks for that, they just over 300 euro so are probably not so smart but I’m sure they will be a lot better than my halogen lights on my Superb II. 

Looking forward to seeing the car, it’s great ordering what you want 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, the new car arrived last Friday. To say  I am very happy is an understatement. Everything with the car is stunning. It's packed with new technology and the build quality looks great. Having considered the new 5 series BMW, I've had a couple of people tell me that this is a much better car/choice. Last, the detailer yesterday said that in his view, this is a much better car.

I will post a few photos soon

IMG_1755.JPG IMG_1750.JPG _AGR7154.jpg IMG_1751.JPG _AGR7148.jpg

_AGR7154.jpg

_AGR7148.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jonnie5kelso said:

That’s almost as good looking as mine. Teehee!

so happy to have gone with the white colour. It seems to suit the car well. It was either white or Dragon skin but the kids were implying that I was heading for a midlife crisis!

2 minutes ago, dubincalling said:

so happy to have gone with the white colour. It seems to suit the car well. It was either white or Dragon skin but the kids were implying that I was heading for a midlife crisis!

I think the 280 is the only car that would justify a lairy colour like that. The velvet red is nice too for the sporty versions. 

• Like 1

Snap, at least externally , picked mine up last week so I’d guess they came over on the same boat 

8285F207-CA9D-41CF-ADD5-85183823A642.jpeg

BF11ABEC-5C4C-4317-A7EF-B6178E5B0074.jpeg

3087F439-1548-40D3-92DC-CF1084F4920D.jpeg

• Like 3

Am really enjoying the toys inc Skoda Connect, the interior and external lights are a big step up from my old MkII 

The one thing that has me stumped is the Personalisation with Kessy, it keeps thinking I am Guest 1 which is a tad annoying, I need to spend more time working it out 

3 minutes ago, casati said:

Am really enjoying the toys inc Skoda Connect, the interior and external lights are a big step up from my old MkII 

The one thing that has me stumped is the Personalisation with Kessy, it keeps thinking I am Guest 1 which is a tad annoying, I need to spend more time working it out 

Likewise.

I am quite Ok with technology but the  car  is loaded with it wd is taking some time to get used to it.

Major gripe not with Skoda but aple CarPlay for not allowing google maps and/or Waze to be mirrored. Their Maps seem to have improved somewhat but are dar away from Google maps or Waze. The standard sat nav that comes with the car is quite good though

Nice car casati

1 hour ago, casati said:

Go into settings, personalisation and you can assign keys to profiles.  If automatic it will save active profile to whichever key locks car and the apply that profile when unlocked.  I prefer to have it on manual, then you can assign a key to profile.  It will ask you to press unlock button on key you want, and you can do all keys in one go.  Now I have a key and the misses has another and it has worked seamlessly! 

Cars look great guys :)

The key thing I need to get my head around too, I've renamed it but when I used the second plastic key without the metal, it still welcomed me with the same name. I'll follow @nicklouse instructions