Yeti-2.0 150 DSG or Manual

J_omcc

Hi, I'm about to but a 2016 Yeti 4x4. I've choice of. Both have approx 11000 miles. The Manual is Outdoor Spec and the DSG is Ambition spec.  The manual is in Skoda Dealer and costs approx 1000 more. Not sure which to choose. I do approx 45000 miles per year. I'd kind of like the auto but doesn't make huge difference. I suppose I'm a little bit nervous about the reliability of the DSG box. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I would def choose an auto for that mileage. I have covered huge mileages in years past in both manual and auto and I also felt less tired, more relaxed etc in an auto.

I never want to drive a manual again.....unless it is a super car or similar and most of those are auto's now.

I have had a 150 auto Yeti since March and they are very good in my humble opinion.  Better than some of the competition and better by far than a CVT transmission. I prefer driving the DSG Yeti to my Freelander 2.....

I wouldn't hesitate - choose auto 

Thanks for your reply. Obviously I'd prefer the auto for driving. I've had a number of autos over the years. Only reason for asking for advice is regarding the reliability of the DSG box. Wondering if they work out expensive for servicing after 100,000 or more. 

My family has a few DSG's and so far none have had a problem. The oldest is an 2006 Golf  GTDT [i think, it's the lowered quick one]  which is ragged and has over 110k on the clock - belongs to a young lad

Like a lot of things -  if you service them properly you reduce the risks of failures.  Personally i wouldn't worry and probably buy an extended warranty.

Edited by R1100

Thanks. Extended warranty is an option. Realistically, I'd probably prefer the auto if I was satisfied with the reliability. Also prefer the colour. Finding it difficult to see what's the difference between this and the Outdoor spec. Has different wheels but same size... 17's.

The DSG needs serviced every 40,000 miles the same as Haldex, so at 80,000 & 120,000 miles even 160,000 the price should be the same unless more than the servicing of them is required.