Help!! Emissions roll back booked in....

Steviejay

Hey guys 

Just got my superb 4x4 elegance love the car and seems to be running well.

Full main dealer history but had the emissions update  (fix) put on in sep 2017 from the records.

Got lots of plans for it and having alloys refurbed in anthracite grey tomorrow and a roll back booked in with shark performance next week.

Have read and read but maybe I'm missing something....

70% of the tuners or mappers are saying it can't be done, the other 30% say it can !?

Shark say they can put it back to original and give me peace of mind.

Why is it some say it's possible others say it's not.

Has anyone done a roll back?

What is your feelings on it?

Am I wasting my money?

Thanks 

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 22:11, Steviejay said:

70% of the tuners or mappers are saying it can't be done, the other 30% say it can !?

Shark say they can put it back to original and give me peace of mind.

Why is it some say it's possible others say it's not.

Has anyone done a roll back?

What is your feelings on it?

Am I wasting my money?

I am very interested in feedback from those who have had the 'fix' rolled back.  Seems that the EA189 fix is far more than a remap to meet the emissions, and a tuner remap to effectively remove EA189 is unlikely to fully remove it. 

My car was done just before I got it when the previous owner traded in, I assume Skoda were catching any that came in to their brief ownership before moving them on....anyway, I have the 'goodwill' letter which apparently lasts for two years so I won't be doing anything remap/rollback for two years.  Some folk may say its not worth the paper its written on but as I am quite happy with the performance of my car as it is I will be happy to wait and decide on the options later.  Rollback, then a remap does sound appealing.

Don't think you will be wasting your money, it would just be nice to know that they are rolling back based on an original factory map taken from an un-fixed car.  Have Shark said how they have obtained or developed their rollback map ?

Please keep us posted...

Dave

• Like 1