New 1.0 tsi ordered club

Hope you enjoy the car once it arrives. I was tempted by the 1.0tsi but wanted the SEL spec and for some odd reason Skoda UK only sells the 1.0tsi in S or SE spec.

A friend has the same engine in a new Fabia Estate and swears by it. I know the Fabia is lighter but he says it's very nimble and quick.

Good luch with it.

Unsure about the trim levels in UK,but it seems the Irish cars are better spec'd ,style trim level has the Columbus head unit as standard for instance.this in my experience is a first because Paddy cars are generally poverty spec.

2 hours ago, 181ce said:

Unsure about the trim levels in UK,but it seems the Irish cars are better spec'd ,style trim level has the Columbus head unit as standard for instance.this in my experience is a first because Paddy cars are generally poverty spec.

UK spec levels - S then SE then SEL then L&K - Vrs

SEL gets LED lights, satnav, alcantara/leather, sunset glass, 17" wheels etc

Yippee

Got my email today

Build week 48

IE next week

Delivery to dealers 2 Jan

Ordered 9 sept

Nothing extra ordered Barr different alloys (no cost option) and metallic paint

1 hour ago, Fredl said:

Just put in a reserve on an Octavia 1.0 TSI Estate, will collect it next week.

As standard it will have have 17" alloys but I'm a bit tempted to "downgrade" to 16" in order to get a better ride quality.

I find the 17" on my mk3 estate quite good but I was also concerned at the time because I was coming from a 15" equipped mk2 (multi-link rear suspension).

If you do go 16" then make sure you get quality tyres with them as they make an enormous difference to road noise.

My only point of reference is that I had to fit my 16" "space saver" spare when I punctured in a remote area 250km from home and finished the journey at "restricted" speeds. The noise from the Nexen spare was awful at all road speeds and even noticeable down to 15kph!

You never know what brand are going to be fitted to a new car although they are all from first tier manufacturers.

Mine were Dunlop Sport Maxx and I've no complaints, but I am not sure about their quality control as reports from others have been very mixed. 

Most tyre noise complaints seem to come from Pirelli or early continental contacts (5 and 6 seem ok though).

Edited by Gerrycan

On 11/16/2017 at 22:56, Mr Statto said:

Ordered ours a few weeks ago, got the estimated collection date email from the dealer yesterday - 29 December

And just contacted Live Chat to discover the unconfirmed build date isn't till week 4 (22 Jan). Great way to start the day :angry:

I've come from a volvo v40 cc with multi link suspension and 17" wheels and the new Octavia 1.4 tsi sel dsg with 17" alloys and torsion bar suspension is much more comfortable smother ride much better over bumps. 

I also worried about getting the Octavia but it's much better than every seems to imply. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mr Statto said:

And just contacted Live Chat to discover the unconfirmed build date isn't till week 4 (22 Jan). Great way to start the day :angry:

That seems more realistic to be fair,dealers here are quoting 12weeks,I ordered mine at the start of September so hopefully it will actually turn up for Jan ,was supposedly built last week

I think I'm looking forward to the simple suspension set up,having come from a long list of "premium"brands and having a pain in my a#3@ from replacing suspension components due to the crap roads around me.just like the whole car being better than the sum of its parts suggest the simple torsion beam is to be fair more than adequate.

2 hours ago, 181ce said:

I think I'm looking forward to the simple suspension set up,having come from a long list of "premium"brands and having a pain in my a#3@ from replacing suspension components due to the crap roads around me.just like the whole car being better than the sum of its parts suggest the simple torsion beam is to be fair more than adequate.

We've had a Roomster for the last 9 years which has a torsion beam rear suspension and we've not noticed any issues with it. Admittedly I'm not the sort of driver who appreciates the differences between them

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2017 at 09:50, Mr Statto said:

And it's now confirmed build week 4 - this time next week it'll be on (or near) the production line :clap: Only another few weeks to wait :happy: