Best broker deal for cash? 7-seater TSI Petrol Wanted

Hi, can anyone advise, possibly? A good friend is in the market for a CASH only deal on a PETROL Kodiak.  He would like....

7-seats, DSG 'auto box; preferably 150PS and reasonable spec. Drive the Deal seems to be PCP-based only. Has anyone had any good experiences with any car brokers offering a reasonable CASH deal?

My friend lives in East Anglia. Any thoughts appreciated.

Grateful thanks.

Master Munchkin

Edited by MasterMunchkin

Start off with using carwow as that can save a lot of time.

Ridiculously some cash deals are more expensive than PCP they are so desperate to sign you up for some reason. But in my experience you can still negotiate with the carwow best cash price (and use it to take to your local dealers)

However you might want to avoid a couple of the big name dealers who are often the cheapest but offer zero service instead of the usual rubbish service.

The biggest influence on price is the spec...

S, SE, SE-L, Scout or Edition.

Some would argue the 'S' offers a "reasonable spec", but you can't get the 150PS, only 125PS. That takes you to the SE but personally I wouldn't go less than the SE-L.

5 seats, or 7 seats? Two-wheel drive or 4x4?

The issue is that there is £6,955 difference between the base and top specs cars using the info you've provided ('SE' 1.4 TSI 150PS DSG 5-Seat @ £25,925 vs. 'Edition' 1.4 TSI 150PS DSG 7-Seat @ £32,880.

Carwow's current average saving on the Kodiaq (without finance) is just over £4,200 off list...

https://www.carwow.co.uk/skoda/kodiaq/deals?&Type=PCP&MakeModel=SKODA|KODIAQ&mkwid=sBxPL0BoA_dc&pcrid=172566403164&pkw=skoda kodiaq pcp&pmt=e&network=g&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_keyword=skoda kodiaq pcp&utm_campaign=xNew-Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AKodiaq|Match%3AExact&utm_group=Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AKodiaq|Type%3APCP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvYrr0s_L1wIV8grTCh2k2w6bEAAYAiAAEgK-B_D_BwE

So assuming an SE with the 1.4 TSI 150PS, 5 seats, two-wheel drive and solid paint you are looking at £25,925 - £4,200 = £21,725.

Your friend would be better off signing up to finance (PCP) to qualify for the £2,000 contribution by Skoda UK and then paying it off straight away. This example is for the SE 125PS but you can tailor it to the car you want...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/kodiaq/default/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvYrr0s_L1wIV8grTCh2k2w6bEAAYASAAEgKQ8vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CM3az9TQy9cCFVCg7QodyQUCyg

Brand new is currently still cheaper than buying a 6-12 month old month one, the cheapest one on Autotrader is £23,695...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-asc&radius=1500&postcode=sl13yd&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=SKODA&model=KODIAQ&fuel-type=Petrol&transmission=Automatic

Some very useful replies. Thank you all. Broadspeed and OrangeWheels don't offer the Kodiak (at least when I checked). The best offers, as Silver1011 has generously pointed out in great detail, have been through CarWow.

So far the best we have on a 1.4 TSI DSG 7-seater with metallic paint (£555 option) SE L from CarWow is £25,975, a claimed £4,155 saving or 13.8% off from £30,130. I will cast the net a bit further...

Again, thanks to you all.

MM

• Like 1

Oh dear. I got a 'phone call yesterday. My friend has bought a top-of-the-range long-wheel-base Mitsubishi Shogun, list price £41k something cut to £32k plus five years free servicing. Etc, etc. The Shogun is an environmental disaster with a massively thirsty diesel engine, space hoppers for tyres and very noisy. It's a massively fast depreciator. While ideal for pulling a tank it's not so nifty on the school run. Oh, and my friend is 80, the father of two small girls and drives 5,000 miles a year. Unbelievable. Sorry to have wasted everybody's time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fin69 said:

By the sounds of things he doesn't seem to have an issue when it comes to emissions! 

Oh, I'm not so sure - it seems that a filter wasn't used to trap all the paticulates....  ;)