Kodiaq heated windscreen

maherto

Hello Folks I have just ordered a new kodiaq for delivery in 2018 Jan. The car i ordered was a canceled order from some one else  so i could not pick some bits i would have. I also got some that i would not have ordered.

I have a question regarding the heated windscreen. Does the heated screen have the A5 camera built in on from the factory. On the superb i speced the TSR camera so could enable lane assist with VCDS thanks to the briskoda forums! In the equipment list is say heated screen with light assist like i have in superb i presume this is the auto high beam which work of the camera if not mistaken.

The options on the car i am receiving are below.

The kodiaq i am getting is the 190bhp 4x4 dsg style spec in Ireland.

image.thumb.png.a14964f40001e646f1c86f2f44f568f5.png

Edited by maherto

By the look of it, no.  Light assistant is the auto light on function rather than the high beam assist. 

If you are unable to change the spec at this time then you will just have to wait to see if it does have the camera in the window. 

I guess i just have to wait so. Looking at the owners manual i pretty sure it has the a5 camera like my superb. I asked in the dealer about the tow bar they where not sure if i was specing the car i would have asked them to find out but as it was being built that week i had no choice after going home and looking at the option codes its the electric folding one. I wont be doing muching towing but will use it for a bike rack. The only options it does not have that the superb has is dcc, canton and eletric seats. I was a bit disappointed with the canton in the superb anyway. I hope i made a good choice and wont regret dumping the superb which was a lovley motor way cruiser. Anyway i just have to wait.

Screenshot_20171119-184333.png

• 3 weeks later...

After searching through all Kodiaq's on Autotrader (almost 200!) there are less than a handful with the heated windscreen.

Seems if you want it you have to buy new.

Shame on all you current Kodiaq owners :D

(and for Skoda for not making it standard on at least their premium model!).

Mine's gone in for an oil service today, so last night I was given a new Octavia estate. NO HEATED WINDSCREEN. On the bloody coldest night of the year. Not happy this morning scraping frost and freezing mi nuts off.:dull:

On 12/10/2017 at 14:06, BoxerBoy said:

Worth its weight in gold on a -7 Degrees cold start day

4EEF6E32-ACF4-4BEF-AFEA-DF714935E2B5.jpeg

410DB7DF-685D-47F3-A4A8-D0C21A9CC76D.jpeg

Hello Does your kodiaq have lane assist or TSR. Is their a camera in the heated screen it looks like their is ? I would not buy a car without a heated screen after owning one. Its funny how you think things are gimmicks then become essential ! old age is presume

• 1 month later...